Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several people on the forum have bemoaned the short mudflaps available from Kia and have said that they fitted extra long ones. Where do these extended ones come from, and how much do they cost?

TIA,

Ian

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
they are 12-14 pounds from halfords...... they are regular rally style flaps (vrs)......quite flexible and easily cut to shape.....we usually mount them on top of the standard Kia ones, using the same screw fittings and adding an extra screw on the inner edge into the kia flap - that way no holes are made in the car body. If you want pics i can email you some - just PM me with your email address. Usually they are only necessary on the fronts.....and make sure you make them low - otherwise the rear door and wheelarches can really suffer in the winter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"...on top of the standard Kia ones..." - does that mean sandwiched between the Kia ones and the car? If so, I get it. Photos would be great if handy - will PM you. How long is "long"?

Many thanks,

Ian

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
the kia ones are the filling in the sandwich..... they support the bigger flaps externally. Ignore the little reflectors i stuck on mine - they were there to "find" the kerb before the wheel rims did.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi Tempest,did you get your lost 10k sorted out ?
I have about the same mileage on as yours should have but mine will not lose 10k ,I thought that if I could keep it at 3k think of the money I could save on service costs.

How are things in general now ?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Hi Dave,
Been using the tempest for a few weeks now and the 10k hasnt returned. So will need to have that looked at, i have a major rattle in the passenger door that needs stripping down to sort (they didnt have time at the first service), so they can do that and the mileometer at the same time. Someone posted an alternative film protection company on here recently. They are totally wrapping the nose of my tempest, the lower doors and the rear wheelarches next week. So hopefully that will allow me to use the car this winter with a bit of confidence. Generally the car is going nicely, the mpg has noticably dropped now in the colder weather - but the car is nice to drive and is getting stronger in the gears. I think as a car on its own - its very nice. What spoilt it for me was the initial paint problems, my comparison with my previous car which was far better than it had any right to be, and driving another car back to back with the tempest that shows up the tempests few flaws. At the end of the day - the Tempest will be the car of choice when i can use it damaging it - which should be next week!!!.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts