Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as of 1pm today I am awaiting delivery of a new KIA proceed 4. Having grown tired of MASSIVELY expensive things going wrong with my 3yr old passat I chopped it in for a pro ceed. I did have a look a long time ago and fell in love with the original ceed.

Having got the dealer (Peterborough KIA) down to as little as £16k from the RRP of 18k I'm feeling pretty happy with myself. And spent pretty much what I saved on extras. The spec is fantastic, looks are incredible and , as we all know, the warranty was a big selling point. Although reading about poor fuel consumption figures on other forums and web articles as scared me a little. My 2ltr tdi 140bhp was averaging 48mpg. Anyway the wife and i took a nice long test drive on our own and what we found was that a low speeds (25-40) it felt so slow...and a couple of time we both ended up doing 40 in a 30. But as the speed increased 65mph felt more like 85mphI don't mind it but it was just strange.

I was just wondering if people experience the same sensation? I feel so much more exposed in the pro ceed. Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well stuck with the passat for another 6 weeks. Having to wait for the proceed to come from the factory! Found out today and it's broken my heart!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
6 weeks - that sucks, what engine did you opt for, my 1.6 Crdi has been like a train for me, very strong and returning 51mpg which I thinks great for the way I drive.
I also find the car very solid feeling but as I do increase in speed it feels a lot more, maybe it me ageing and sensing it more?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 1.6 crdi 126bhp. It's the "4" spec. It doesn't feel as fast and I averaged about 50mpg from the passat but my god the proceed handles better. I'm expecting it to be a lot more reliable to. I was amazed when I went for a test drive how big inside and the how spacious the boot where. Not much smaller than the passat. How do you find the drivability of the engine..the 140bhp passat had massive amounts of lag. I think in the passat you feel more enclosed and part of the car more because every spare bit of space has been untalised with draws, cubby holes and storage space. Which is nice but after it's first MOT bits started to wear and rattle and trim creeks really became annoying.

As for waiting 6 weeks, I don't mind to much. Gives me a little more time to shop for insurance. I'm 25, 8 years no claims, garages overnight and I was quoted £395 fully comp, PNC, cc, and brand new car if it's total loss in the first year. About £100 more than my passat but it is valued at a lot more

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Weird, I'm 38 and it was £404 for me this year - must start shopping around and asking for better deals.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was with tesco car insurance. And I've not tried bartering yet although I do live in the sticks of Lincolnshire

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aghhhh! 6 weeks again as of today! I am total gutted. Having to watch the mrs around sharps because she's more let down than me! How hard can it be to find car in white in the uk? Got 10 on offer if I wanted black but I don't. I was counting down the days but now I feel like giving up :( Going to look at focus & astras tonight to see if I can be temped away, although I very much doubt it as I had my heart and mind set on the proceed 4

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Again!!! Sorry to hear that, must be hard not to say shove it but you get so much more car fir your money with the Pro.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not so much the money. The equivalent spec of focus is £22k and to be honest I wouldn't mind paying that as you get a bigger engine and a bit more space. It's just the fact i like the look of the pro-ceed and it's the only car me and the wife have agreed on. But also it the fact that for KIA marketing itself as the 4th biggest auto manufacture, they must loose more sales through long waiting lists that another firm. Makes you wonder why they pit the ceed range on a vat free deal if they couldn't meet the demand it was going to produce. So far the dealership is doing what they can, I just wished they kept me in the loop bait better. Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good news! Cars been allocated! Chassis & other various details have been patched to the dealership. In everyone's experience how long have you had to wait untill the car arrives after this milestone? I was quoted 2weeks and to be honest Tony (of boomgate Kia peterborough) sounds like a man who knows his stuff. But we purchase from an uncertain manufacture so wanted to know people's experiances first hand.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Was getting dark but took a few pics for the forum to share...LOVE the car and Boongate Kia of Peterborough were fantastic.
Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cheers mate. You goe the 4 aswell?Got to give a massive thanks to Tony Meads at Boongate Kia though. He really made it a nice experience of parting with a few thousand pounds! lol. Still thinking of having it back there and having them put front and back parking sensors, mudguards andchrome sill protectors on. Even though there not my nearest dealer. Got a few niggles with the phone/satnav connecting but i'ld sooner tinker than clog up the forum just yet....in my experience its 99% the phone's settings being wronganyway.

Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like Tony, very honest n down 2 earth bloke. I managed2 get my Blackberry connected strait away with no problems. I'd have mud guards n sill protectors put on, but with it havin the reverse camera I don't think it needs the back sensors really. Front ones would probably be good tho coz I can't see the bonnet if I,m honest and the last thing i'd need would be 2 tap a post or something and the hubby give me a telling off! there's still quite a lot that i'v not tried out yet gadget wise, but I just LOVE the car completely!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the amount of great stuff they have cramed into the head unit is amazing and when i was out earlyer.. it even showed me the speed limits of the road i was on....and where the limit changed...it was acurate to the meter of the road signs. cant figure out the voice control just yet though. even went and brought an iphone yeaterday in the hope it would go alittle smoother..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts