Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
EV6
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Has anyone been offered service plans for the EV6?
This is what I’ve been quoted:

Plans range from:

1-2 YEARS £309.00
1-3 YEARS £389.00
1-5 YEARS £789.00

Does this look about right to other owners?
Cheers

·
Registered
EV6 GT-S line Red rwd
12 Posts

Plans range from:

1-2 YEARS £309.00
1-3 YEARS £389.00
1-5 YEARS £789.00

Cheers
My dealer informed me that service is ever 2 years or 20k and the service cost would be 2 services ( 4 years ) £309 , 3 services £389 , 5 services £789.

·
Registered
799 Posts
My dealer told me 2 years/20,000 miles and NO service plan!!!

Reactions: JOCK55

·
Super Moderator
9,472 Posts
Those spark plugs,oil filter,oil,air filter sure cost alot......oh wait the EV6 doesn't have any of them.It begs the question as to what they are actually going to service.Other than the brakes and some updates I cannot see what they can do.And for over £300.They are having a laugh.:(
Coolant for battery is very expensive.
While a EV does not have a ICE engine which service is only oil/filter, air filter (spark plugs good for 100K) A EV has everything else that a ICE does. As well as EV motor needs checking & all the power cables.

As above EV6 service is 2022 on EV 20,000 or 24 months whichever is 1st.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Reactions: Loubee

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thing to watch on service plans are whether they are dealer tied service plans or official plans. If they are dealer tied, you have to use that garage which may or may not suit. Perhaps they don’t do a decent job and you are stuck. I was nearly stung by a big VW dealer who i bought a 3 year plan off without realising it was a dealers plan not a VW plan. When I sold my VW just 2 years into the plan, they agreed to refund the last year but only because I was buying a car within their group (different brand).

·
Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
3,963 Posts

Plans range from:

1-2 YEARS £309.00
1-3 YEARS £389.00
1-5 YEARS £789.00

Cheers
Have you looked at service plans for my Niro PHEV via the Kia website? I've researched service plans and also using previous experience have come to the conclusion that the Emac plans are hard to beat. The only downside that I have come across is tat the plan lives with the car and not with the owner. Sell the car and the plan goes with it; you can't keep it and transfer onto the replacement car.

·
Registered
EV6
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My dealer informed me that service is ever 2 years or 20k and the service cost would be 2 services ( 4 years ) £309 , 3 services £389 , 5 services £789.
Thanks. Sounds like this is the official Kia plan which I was told by my dealer. They said the price applies to all Kia dealers.
Thing to watch on service plans are whether they are dealer tied service plans or official plans. If they are dealer tied, you have to use that garage which may or may not suit. Perhaps they don’t do a decent job and you are stuck. I was nearly stung by a big VW dealer who i bought a 3 year plan off without realising it was a dealers plan not a VW plan. When I sold my VW just 2 years into the plan, they agreed to refund the last year but only because I was buying a car within their group (different brand).
I think this is a Kia Service plan.

·
Registered
EV6
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Those spark plugs,oil filter,oil,air filter sure cost alot......oh wait the EV6 doesn't have any of them.It begs the question as to what they are actually going to service.Other than the brakes and some updates I cannot see what they can do.And for over £300.They are having a laugh.:(

Plans range from:

1-2 YEARS £309.00
1-3 YEARS £389.00
1-5 YEARS £789.00

Cheers
I went back and asked how much the individual services were and they said this:

1st Service £295.76
2nd Service £405.08
3rd Service £295.76
4th Service £405.08
5th Service £533.24

Now if that’s correct, it makes the Service plan really good vfm. But I’m still in shock at these prices for each year! my Kia Ceed diesel was never this expensive to service.

I’ll ring them on Monday and query it but it’s great to hear what other EV6 people have been told.

thanks for your comments so far.

·
Registered
EV6
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Coolant for battery is very expensive.
While a EV does not have a ICE engine which service is only oil/filter, air filter (spark plugs good for 100K) A EV has everything else that a ICE does. As well as EV motor needs checking & all the power cables.

As above EV6 service is 2022 on EV 20,000 or 24 months whichever is 1st.

Thanks for that link. It’s even more intriguing. Another think to ask my dealer 🙂

·
Registered
EV6
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I went back and asked how much the individual services were and they said this:

1st Service £295.76
2nd Service £405.08
3rd Service £295.76
4th Service £405.08
5th Service £533.24

Now if that’s correct, it makes the Service plan really good vfm. But I’m still in shock at these prices for each year! my Kia Ceed diesel was never this expensive to service.

I’ll ring them on Monday and query it but it’s great to hear what other EV6 people have been told.

thanks for your comments so far.
Almost £300 for an inspection seems a lot of money!

·
Registered
799 Posts
I might have misunderstood my salesman. It was at the end of a long morning. I have had 3 Kia's from them now and always had the service plan but he definitely told me it was a 2 year service interval and all the other bolt on extras have been included in my paperwork but NOT details of any service plan and what they are now calling " Vehicle Value Protection!!!" ( Used to be GAP insurance). :censored:

·
Registered
Soul EV Maxx
288 Posts
1st Service £295.76
2nd Service £405.08
3rd Service £295.76
4th Service £405.08
5th Service £533.24
Those prices are probably correct
1st service at second year 2nd service at 4th year 3 service at 6th year.
Makes 5 year plan of £789 more in line.

·
Registered
EV6
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1st Service £295.76
2nd Service £405.08
3rd Service £295.76
4th Service £405.08
5th Service £533.24
Those prices are probably correct
1st service at second year 2nd service at 4th year 3 service at 6th year.
Makes 5 year plan of £789 more in line.
Yes that makes sense. I’ll definitely take out a service plan and just have to decide on a 3 year or 5 year one. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts