Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I'm a newbie on the forum so please be gentle.

I put my name down for a GT Line S about 2 months ago. The latest word from my dealership is that a delivery date of December is likely.

My question is for anyone that lives in the UK and has also bought the same model.

Which of the following comes as standard: -
1. Rear pull-out parcel shelf
2. Granny charger
3. 7kW home charger cable
4. Vehicle to load adaptor

The question may seem a bit naive but I have watched a few YouTube videos from different countries and the above items are sometimes extras!
I'm hoping that in the UK, everything is in the price?

Thanks in advance

Ademission

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same spec on order (from last November), I am fairly certain that all the items on your list are included in UK spec. They are not included in USA.
Escalpino,
Thanks very much for your reassurance. I suspected that was the case as my dealer (I'm sure) would have mentioned it if I needed extras. Do you have a predicted date for your delivery?

Best regards

Ademission

·
Registered
6 Posts
Escalpino,
Thanks very much for your reassurance. I suspected that was the case as my dealer (I'm sure) would have mentioned it if I needed extras. Do you have a predicted date for your delivery?

Best regards

Ademission
Was originally told March 1st (ordered 29th November), then advised July 22, then latest December 22. Then this month discovered that as I had ordered Matt steel grey that unless I chose a different colour that it would be an unspecified further delay! Meanwhile the trade in price on my Audi Q3 has dropped by £2.5K? and will need a further MOT before EV6 arrives. However I cannot find a better choice and so will continue to wait impatiently.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello all,

I put my name down for a GT Line S about 2 months ago. The latest word from my dealership is that a delivery date of December is likely.

My question is for anyone that lives in the UK and has also bought the same model.

2. Granny charger

The question may seem a bit naive but I have watched a few YouTube videos from different countries and the above items are sometimes extras!

Thanks in advance

Ademission
UK ONLY
In the Air Spec you get everything but the V2L Adaptor,
In GTL and GTLS you get everything

PS Its a 3 Phase Cable thats supplied with the car so 11kw not 7, works fine on a 7kw home charger but will give you 11kw on an 11kw or 22kw 3 Phase AC unit

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UK ONLY
In the Air Spec you get everything but the V2L Adaptor,
In GTL and GTLS you get everything

PS Its a 3 Phase Cable thats supplied with the car so 11kw not 7, works fine on a 7kw home charger but will give you 11kw on an 11kw or 22kw 3 Phase AC unit
Stageshoot,
Thanks for the information. I already have a 7kW charger installed (its never been used) as I got in early to get the government grant of £350. I don't have 3 phase anywhere on the property so unfortunately I can't make use of the extra capability of the cable. I guess that the cable carries an extra 2 cores and most EVs can make use of them if they are "live".

Thanks again.

Ademission

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was originally told March 1st (ordered 29th November), then advised July 22, then latest December 22. Then this month discovered that as I had ordered Matt steel grey that unless I chose a different colour that it would be an unspecified further delay! Meanwhile the trade in price on my Audi Q3 has dropped by £2.5K? and will need a further MOT before EV6 arrives. However I cannot find a better choice and so will continue to wait impatiently.
Excalpino,
Very frustrating I'm sure. I do like the Matt Steel Grey but I would worry about protecting it as I've no experience with non glossy types. If you choose another colour, which one would it be and would it still be the December delivery date?

Ademission

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,673 Posts
Excalpino,
Very frustrating I'm sure. I do like the Matt Steel Grey but I would worry about protecting it as I've no experience with non glossy types. If you choose another colour, which one would it be and would it still be the December delivery date?

Ademission
Your worries are probably correct - some have reported wreaking the finish by incorrect washing, including dealers giving cars pre delivery washes. And apparently there is no protective process that can be added.

Reactions: Ademission

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello all,

2. Granny charger

Thanks in advance

Ademission
All come as standard on GT line S in the U.K. (the Vehicle to Load is not included with the lower spec ‘AIR’). Attached is part screenshot from Kia Specifications for EV6.

I hope you get your vehicle December but I would suspect it will be early quarter 1 2023 based on what I’ve read and also been told for my order..

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your worries are probably correct - some have reported wreaking the finish by incorrect washing, including dealers giving cars pre delivery washes. And apparently there isa no protective process that can be added.
It IS possible to maintain the matte paint finishes, but it does require some additional care procedures. When you read this and other forums and realise how many people fail to read operating instructions for their vehicles it is not surprising that they have difficulties looking after matte paint. It CAN be ceramic coated which will protect against tree sap and bird droppings, and it CAN be wrapped with ppf to protect against minor chips. However I have decided to change my order to yacht blue without losing my place in the queue. I will be 75 years old on my next birthday, I would like to get my money's worth out of Kia's 7 year warranty and the chances of doing so decrease with every delay to my car's delivery date !!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All come as standard on GT line S in the U.K. (the Vehicle to Load is not included with the lower spec ‘AIR’). Attached is part screenshot from Kia Specifications for EV6.

I hope you get your vehicle December but I would suspect it will be early quarter 1 2023 based on what I’ve read and also been told for my order..
BillyC,

Thanks for your comment and the information. Its appreciated.

Best regards

Ademission

·
Registered
EV6 GTL AWD Heat pump
58 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Took delivery of GT Line (non-S) in the UK last week and can confirm...

2. Granny charger

...all came as standard - hope that helps! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Took delivery of GT Line (non-S) in the UK last week and can confirm...

2. Granny charger

...all came as standard - hope that helps! :)
TerminatorUK,

Thanks for your confirmation. How do you like the car and what colour did you go for?

Ademission

·
Registered
12 Posts
TerminatorUK,

Thanks for your confirmation. How do you like the car and what colour did you go for?

Ademission
No worries!

Loving the car - really feels like the future - a real joy to drive and operate.

I went for it in Yaught Blue - really amazing colour, super happy with it and highly recommended. In the flesh it is a classy deep blue too - not your chavvy 'look at me' 'glowing' blue you see on some German brands for example.

Being 100% transparent, there have been a couple of very minor software bugs (biggest one being the charger cable lock setting disappearing manually and lack of full screen android auto) but the core aspects of the car (looks, range, comfort, efficiency, drive experience) are all present and correct :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No worries!

Loving the car - really feels like the future - a real joy to drive and operate.

I went for it in Yaught Blue - really amazing colour, super happy with it and highly recommended. In the flesh it is a classy deep blue too - not your chavvy 'look at me' 'glowing' blue you see on some German brands for example.

Being 100% transparent, there have been a couple of very minor software bugs (biggest one being the charger cable lock setting disappearing manually and lack of full screen android auto) but the core aspects of the car (looks, range, comfort, efficiency, drive experience) are all present and correct :)
TerminatorUK,
Glad you are happy. I'm sure the bugs will be corrected with updates.
I have to wait a while for mine as latest prediction is December. I chose the GT Line S but tried to save a bit of money by omitting the heat pump and getting the standard colour Runway Red as my wife liked that one.

Ademission

·
Registered
519 Posts
Your worries are probably correct - some have reported wreaking the finish by incorrect washing, including dealers giving cars pre delivery washes. And apparently there is no protective process that can be added.
There are Matte safe shampoo, wax and detailing sprays made by Angelwax!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts