Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried the search function without luck.

Is the EV6 following the traditional pattern of model year? If so, when does it change?

·
Registered
EV6 GT-line S AWD with heatpump in Yacht Blue on order
53 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to this thread on Reddit they start building MY23 EV6's from July.

John.
Thanks - some subtle changes.

Given the long lead times, I can’t see how the changeover order date will marry up to the model year when it arrives. I ordered 31/05 - expecting delivery late Q1 ‘23.

·
Super Moderator
3,814 Posts
I always thought that in Europe and the UK the car model year started September. I think historically it coincided with the Geneva Motor Show, which was often used to launch new specifications and vehicles. Also in the good old days, pre 2001, car registration years changed once a year, in September. But there again, I'm only guessing. :unsure:

Reactions: JOCK55

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I always thought that in Europe and the UK the car model year started September. I think historically it coincided with the Geneva Motor Show, which was often used to launch new specifications and vehicles. Also in the good old days, pre 2001, car registration years changed once a year, in September. But there again, I'm only guessing. :unsure:
Agree on model year changing middle of the year, certainly been my experience - sometimes upgrades but often downgraded equipment too lol

From 1967 until 1998 it was an August change, then a bit messy before it settled into the current March/Sept registration.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-line S AWD with heatpump in Yacht Blue on order
53 Posts
Agree on model year changing middle of the year, certainly been my experience - sometimes upgrades but often downgraded equipment too lol

From 1967 until 1998 it was an August change, then a bit messy before it settled into the current March/Sept registration.
All EV6's sold so far in the UK have been designated MY22. Your car will almost certainly be a MY23. It takes around eight weeks to ship to the UK so even if you car was built today you wouldn't get it until September at the earliest.

When you do get your car you can check the VIN (and model year) with my VIN decoder here. :)

John

Reactions: BRM_Storm

·
Super Moderator
10,561 Posts
Or this from Kia

1 - 8 of 8 Posts