Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

Registered
EV6 GT Line S AWD in White Pearl
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are we with updates?
The last one I installed was V220211
I did download the "wireless update" in April, but never installed it to my car. As this mentioned costs for updates, I just left it, as far as I was aware all updates come free with the car during the 7 year warranty period.

I have a number of dealer updates to come, but am awaiting some new door handles, so was awaiting these so I could get all the work done in one go.

Super Moderator
+|21Q2|CV_E.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.220211|KM|EV6_MY_22_EU|1556|0

So still Feb version.

Guess this is the Gen5W which was due update early June, but still delayed. Last update final testing & maybe out this week...

Registered
Aye, as posted by me earlier - 23 June 22 update is available :)

Nothing major to report though :(

Reactions: Alonline

Registered
Aye, as posted by me earlier - 23 June 22 update is available :)

Nothing major to report though :(
Does it download? it still states 'notification' on the website. When I downloaded it a while ago, the car wouldn't recognise it. I emailed Kia and they said it is only a 'notification' of it coming soon.

Registered
Does it download? it still states 'notification' on the website. When I downloaded it a while ago, the car wouldn't recognise it. I emailed Kia and they said it is only a 'notification' of it coming soon.
You need the updater from update.kia.com :)

Registered
Help /advice please......I downloaded then copied to USB, all as instructed. Insert in car. States' validating files do not remove' for over 5 minutes. Then reports, can't download files, there may be a problem with software, contact a local service agent. Should I be opening any files before copying to USB stick?

Registered
Kia EV6 GT Line-S AWD in Black, no heat pump
Help /advice please......I downloaded then copied to USB, all as instructed. Insert in car. States' validating files do not remove' for over 5 minutes. Then reports, can't download files, there may be a problem with software, contact a local service agent. Should I be opening any files before copying to USB stick?
You need to download and install the "Kia Navigation Updater" and then create the USB drive from within that application. In case this is not what you are doing.

Super Moderator
If it does not work that way. Then download to hard drive, then using app transfer to usb stick, as that also formats USB stick.

If it fails again, then it could be USB stick you have. 1st one I got would not work.

Registered
If it does not work that way. Then download to hard drive, then using app transfer to usb stick, as that also formats USB stick.

If it fails again, then it could be USB stick you have. 1st one I got would not work.
Thanks for your interest.
I'm using Kia navigation updater to download to hard disk.
Then following instruction on updater, moving to brand new 128GB sandisk....Fat 32
I'm downloading again . If it doesn't work I'll try their help chat tomorrow :(

Registered
EV6 GTL AWD Heat pump
Just done the 220623 software update. My car went in on 1st July for the recall two software updates but seems that does not include the infotainment. I checked the car & it was still on 220211.
Down loaded the new software direct to USB pen drive with Navigation Updater. Download took over 2 hours.
This is 3rd update I have installed & each time I get a different screen when plugging in the pen drive. With car in "Ready" state it took over 20 minutes validating the files. When validation complete I switched off. It was all complete in an hour. On restarting after a few seconds a pop up invited me click details to find out the changes. Its a route guidance option to use motorway ( you need to be quick to get it before the route kicks off). Plus some changes to voice control.
I now have Software 220623, OTA update available, Firmware 220623. & Nav version 220622. I'll be pleased if OTA update really works, perhaps Kia are at last getting upto speed with software. Not been anywhere to see if they have made any unwanted changes.

Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
Just done the 220623 software update. My car went in on 1st July for the recall two software updates but seems that does not include the infotainment. I checked the car & it was still on 220211.
Down loaded the new software direct to USB pen drive with Navigation Updater. Download took over 2 hours.
This is 3rd update I have installed & each time I get a different screen when plugging in the pen drive. With car in "Ready" state it took over 20 minutes validating the files. When validation complete I switched off. It was all complete in an hour. On restarting after a few seconds a pop up invited me click details to find out the changes. Its a route guidance option to use motorway ( you need to be quick to get it before the route kicks off). Plus some changes to voice control.
I now have Software 220623, OTA update available, Firmware 220623. & Nav version 220622. I'll be pleased if OTA update really works, perhaps Kia are at last getting upto speed with software. Not been anywhere to see if they have made any unwanted changes.
I updated my MY20 Niro PHEV this morning. Having downloaded the software and extracted to a pen drive yesterday (mine took 5 hours!) this morning I started the car and immediately the pen drive was recognised. Like TimG, it took about 20 minutes to validate the files and then it took about a further 30minutes to complete the exercise. I've not had the opportunity to test it beyond driving round our estate, all the time showing --- as the speed limit. Previously it showed correctly as 30. What was obvious was that, whereas previously the satnav was lively and responsive, the latest version is dog slow to do anything. Also I noticed that when using the "search" function to set a destination the OK was missing, so I couldn't set a route. By switching the car off and then back on again and repeating the exercise the OK was back on. I ran out of time at that point and haven't touched the car since. We'll see what tomorrow brings but so far I am not at all impressed!

Registered
I updated my MY20 Niro PHEV this morning. Having downloaded the software and extracted to a pen drive yesterday (mine took 5 hours!) this morning I started the car and immediately the pen drive was recognised. Like TimG, it took about 20 minutes to validate the files and then it took about a further 30minutes to complete the exercise. I've not had the opportunity to test it beyond driving round our estate, all the time showing --- as the speed limit. Previously it showed correctly as 30. What was obvious was that, whereas previously the satnav was lively and responsive, the latest version is dog slow to do anything. Also I noticed that when using the "search" function to set a destination the OK was missing, so I couldn't set a route. By switching the car off and then back on again and repeating the exercise the OK was back on. I ran out of time at that point and haven't touched the car since. We'll see what tomorrow brings but so far I am not at all impressed!
Kia recommend that we Reset the Head Unit after each update. Have you tried that?

Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
Today I was able to do a few miles, and set a route. Yesterday, immediately after the update, I tried setting a route and it took about 90 seconds to calculate and display. It was very simple route. Today I set a couple of "100-miler" routes which each took less than 10 seconds to calculate (compared to yesterdays 90 secs or so), so that is a significant improvement. I then set yesterdays route, and timed the calculation - it was about 4 seconds. That is so much better than the 90-seconds! Maybe Mrs Satnav was exhausted after allthe downloading and extraction etc that the update required. Whatever the cause, I retract yesterdays statement that I was unimpressed. I am not, so far it looks good, especially the map colours and definition. Lots more exploring of the menus is required though!

Registered
Today I was able to do a few miles, and set a route. Yesterday, immediately after the update, I tried setting a route and it took about 90 seconds to calculate and display. It was very simple route. Today I set a couple of "100-miler" routes which each took less than 10 seconds to calculate (compared to yesterdays 90 secs or so), so that is a significant improvement. I then set yesterdays route, and timed the calculation - it was about 4 seconds. That is so much better than the 90-seconds! Maybe Mrs Satnav was exhausted after allthe downloading and extraction etc that the update required. Whatever the cause, I retract yesterdays statement that I was unimpressed. I am not, so far it looks good, especially the map colours and definition. Lots more exploring of the menus is required though!
Are you saying you have colour maps now? How please?! 馃

1 - 20 of 43 Posts