Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I've watched a lot of YouTube videos lately about various things relating to the EV6. These videos come from around the world and one thing I've spotted that confuses me is that the specified acceleration times seem to vary from video to video. I know that some are quoted in km and others in mph but I see 4.6sec, 4.8sec, 5.0sec and I believe the UK spec is 5.2seconds from 0 to 60mph.

Now 100km/hr = 62.137mph I'm told by Google.

I guess the 100km/hr time should be longer than the mph figure as it is slightly faster but I'm seeing wildly varying claims in both units.

Is this human nature exaggerating the times or am I missing something?

Best regards

Ademission

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 0 - 60 speed varies between the different models of EV6 too. This might help

View attachment 15602
Melpotter,
Thanks for the table of information. It confirms that the 77.4kWh models with AWD all accelerate from a standing start to 62mph in 5.2 seconds.
I'm sorry my question was a bit ambiguous but my point was that when viewing some American YouTube videos, they often quote sub-5sec times. I was unsure if the models in the USA were faster, or maybe they were measuring in a different way?

Best Regards

Ademission

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It can also depend on the way the 0-60 is done. I believe the Americans like to have a little 'run-up' when testing.
Gailjon,
Yes, they often quote times that are sub 5 seconds. This could indeed be that they cheat with a run-up but seems a bit un-scientific.

Best Regards

Ademission

·
Registered
Kia EV6 GT-LINE S AWD
68 Posts
UK reviewers have found that the 0-60 time is more like 4.6 to 4.8 when measured by them. Kia seem to be giving pessimistic numbers, perhaps for insurance purposes. BMW has done this for years. Maybe Kia didn’t do the test in Sport mode, which does make a difference.

Google the Carwow review of the EV6 AWD to see it in action.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UK reviewers have found that the 0-60 time is more like 4.6 to 4.8 when measured by them. Kia seem to be giving pessimistic numbers, perhaps for insurance purposes. BMW has done this for years. Maybe Kia didn’t do the test in Sport mode, which does make a difference.

Google the Carwow review of the EV6 AWD to see it in action.
arnsbrae,
Thanks for your reply.
I've heard that the AWD is quick. Haven't driven one yet as waiting for delivery (like everyone else). I have however driven the 2WD demonstrator and that was not slow.

I'll watch the Carwow review and see what they say.

Regards

Ademission

1 - 7 of 7 Posts