Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Super Moderator
Yet many far exceed the quoted range.

They are in reality very much the same as ICE cars. Some get better, some get worse.

Just EV's require a slightly adjusted style of ownership (not sure if right word) to get the best out of them.

Registered
Just EV's require a slightly adjusted style of ownership (not sure if right word) to get the best out of them.
Surely you mean drivership;)

Reactions: firefly6260

Super Moderator
It boils down to more than just the driving. It's the whole reeducation/change of the way you do things.

So like heating. In a ICE we will tend to pick a setting and leave it at that, EV may require a proactive approach.

Registered
Sportage 4 T-gdi
Or just wear a coit & gloves when it's cowd...... ;)

Registered
Yet many far exceed the quoted range.

They are in reality very much the same as ICE cars. Some get better, some get worse.

Agree about the change of style. Have had my E-Niro 4+ since February and absolutely love it. Yes during the cold weather range drops but not dramatically, even using heating, heated seats etc. But what has pleased me is the increase in range during the warmer weather. I鈥檝e done a real mix of driving now having 3000 miles. Motorway driving, found (if possible) use adaptive cruise control and turn off regen braking. Cruise control seems to maximise regen through braking, especially on loBG downhill descents. Town driving, just use max regen braking. A road driving I tend to control speed by changing regen settings, especially if going down a steep hill.
Must admit that I don鈥檛 drive like 鈥淢iss Daisy鈥, do (mainly) stick to speed limits and when required sport mode is definitely fun!!
Now I鈥檓 still very new to EV ownership and driving but the best way I can describe it is enjoyable and relaxing.
Latest range for my car after charging and driving as described is shown below.
Vehicle Car Automotive design Steering part Motor vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts