Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm driving in France for a couple of weeks in September (hopefully) and have been looking into what I need to do about the headlights on my 2019 Sportage GT Line S (with the LED headlights). Do these need the conversion stickers to prevent glare?

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
700 Posts
According to the handbook, Section 4 page 135 (or 131) :-

❈ Traffic Change (For Europe)
The low beam light distribution is asymmetric. If you go abroad to a country with opposite traffic direction, this asymmetric part will dazzle oncoming car driver. To prevent dazzle, ECE regulation demand several technical solutions (ex. automatic change system, adhesive sheet, down aiming). These headlamps are designed not to dazzle opposite drivers. So, you need not change your headlamps in a country with opposite traffic direction.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your rapid response. I did search the forum but only found discussions >1 year ago, and wasn't sure if the new LED headlamps in the latest Sportage would be different.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Thanks for your rapid response. I did search the forum but only found discussions >1 year ago, and wasn't sure if the new LED headlamps in the latest Sportage would be different.
The quote I posted from the manual is the one that came with my current car, however it reads the same from the manual of my previous 2017 manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts