Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Can someone help with some carpet wear to the front driver's footwell on a Kia Sportage (year 2016).

I have just handed my lease car back to the finance company after three and half years and there are two wear marks in the driver's footwell (yes, I'm one of those people that never got round to buying mats). The company is quoting £700 to replace the front carpet. I would like to go back with an alternative price to replace or repair the carpet area and would appreciate any suggestions for a repairer who knows the Sportage well.

I would appreciate any suggestions for UK repairers (and yes, I will be buying mats next time:)

Thanks

Ray

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Have you tried a kia dealer for a quote ? or try Eb*y for a carpet out of a salvage car then either change it yourself or get a local garage to fit it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Surely this would be acceptable,especially after three and a half years as "normal wear and tear"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for getting back to me. I've been trying to get a price from my local Kia dealer, but still waiting.

Yes, I think the wear may have been caused by grit and small stones that were trapped in the footwell. I was expecting the lease company to do a repair rather than a full replacement. Mats for me next time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

Can someone help with some carpet wear to the front driver's footwell on a Kia Sportage (year 2016).

I have just handed my lease car back to the finance company after three and half years and there are two wear marks in the driver's footwell (yes, I'm one of those people that never got round to buying mats). The company is quoting £700 to replace the front carpet. I would like to go back with an alternative price to replace or repair the carpet area and would appreciate any suggestions for a repairer who knows the Sportage well.

I would appreciate any suggestions for UK repairers (and yes, I will be buying mats next time:)

Thanks

Ray
I’ve got exactly the same mark on my carpet and Iver had mats down I noticed them after my carpet wore through and I was changing them. Only I’ve drove the car so no high heels to blame. There’s no support at all under the carpet just a cheap foam. I’ve been trying to get an answer from Kia and my lease company aren’t giving me a straight answer to say if I’ll get charged or not. At the end of the day it it’s day to day wear and tare with or without a mat down. They should supply them to protect their investment, but if they’re trying to charge £700 I’m guessing that’s why they don’t.

·
Registered
676 Posts
As a counter argument to your lease company; did they stipulate the you needed to fit after market mats? Did they supply mats as part of the lease package? Did they make you aware that not having mats and wear of the carpet is not covered under the wear and tear of the agreement? When I had a lease car there were specific restrictions like larger than 1mm dent from 'car park rash' on door panels not covered, chips in windscreen, paint chips on bonnet over 3mm, kerb rash on wheels etc. Never mentioned drivers floor mats! It's all a matter of what is in the contract, get them to prove that the OEM carpet wear specifically not covered under the contract.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts