Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have recently purchased a Pro_Ceed 2.0 CRDi in gleaming black, 11 months old, 4500 miles, question is - how do other members cars handle with or witout it on ? ( ESP) cos it aint very good in ours, the book says it should flash when on & engaged, ours dosent, but feels like it is active all the time, sometimes it say its off when it is but sometimes it aint ! Wet weather with ESP engaged ! find me the nearest toilet, any ideas from anybody ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi,
First of all welcome to the Forum:
I am at a complete loss as to your problen with respect.
Are you suggesting that the car handles badly.
I have a Prosport, lowered and running at 175bhp, I love the way it handles, the only complaint I have is that on poor roads it's a bit twichy, but it goes like a bat out of hell returns 66mpg on a run 54mpg around town.
Have you turned it off for a reason
If you are turning off the esp I have to ask why ?
Are your tyre pressures correct ?
The Michelin Primacy tyres are well suited to this car, and I have had no reports to the effect it has caused any issues.

My problem is that at 14000 miles I am very close to buying a new set of boots.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi, can you please tell me where you had yours tuned? as I had mine done and had a few problems with it and had it put back to normal.

Does yours suffer any shuddering/pausing when accellerating or any other side effects?

Nick

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, Thanks for your reply, had things checked out at main dealer & it turns out that the esp was on all the time, the reason for this was the tracking was out on all four wheels, thus confusing the sensor, thatwas thereason for turning off the esp.
handles alot better now, twitchy on poor roads as yours does, ours running as standard at the mo' 45 mpg on a run 39 around town, have looked in to a tunit unit, this should improve things all round.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Again,
Go for the Tunit Setup,
Speak to Dan up at Tunit h\o in Chorley the boys there have done work for Kia and know what they are doing.
Dan will set up the box for you before he sends it out.
Believe me it's a very worthwhile investment, I reckon that between the two Prosports I had the box fitted to I have had the pleasure of a very quick car and I am also saving cash.
You will be amazed at the difference, just do it.!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Nick,
I bought a box from Tunit up in Chorley, I spoke to Dan and told him which Ceed I was putting the unit on and the guys set it up, and it was delivered the next day.
I have no problems what so ever, I also fitted a replacement K&N panel filter, prior to doing the conversion it did suffer from turbo lag, but not any more.
Do you have a 2.0 litre Sport, or is yours a 1.6 diesel, the reason I ask is that on the 1.6 engine Kia have a software update,get that sorted first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone, I have a 2.0 crdi sport that i bought as an ex-demo.. 1600 miles on it in gleaming Tempest grey,having had a company car a focus titanium 2.0 tdci I am loving the Kia, it handles better than the focus,seems quicker and theres not many around. However the ESP just sems to light up on the dash and say its working but nothing much happens? I seem to be able to spin the wheels in 1st 2nd and 3rd in the wet-any ideas? Also this Tunit box of tricks- I am fully prepared to spend the cash and fit it myself but does it affect the warranty? and would my Local and fantastic KIA dealer refuse any warranty work because it is fitted?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 2.0. I have been warned against using tunit boxes and advised a remap would be better but my remap was useless. How does the tunit work? does it just plug in? and if you unplug it does it just go back to normal? are there any side effects at all? and if it is un-plugged can Kia tell that you have been using it when you go in for warranty work?

Sorry for loads of questions but I want to get all the facts.

Thanks

Nick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts