Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new Equinox, am very happy so far, very comfortable, but a bitdisappointedit doesn't have the body coloured side sill mouldings!

The brochure says it does, we only had that to go by as the dealer couldn't order a car for the showroom, so where do I stand?? looking online there doesn't appear to be an option of side mouldings on the 3 door, I'm going to ring Customer services tomorrow to see what they say.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats. I'm thinking of getting this car. What do you mean by sill mouldings? Does it go quite well when you hit the pedal? enough to overtake easily after a roundabout?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm impressed with it so far, no problems beating people away at the lights lol and quite happily cruised at 70 down the motorway yesterday!

Apparentlythey don't do side sills for the 3 door yet, this was an error on their brochures, and of course they have a get out clause in the small print.

I must admit it would look much better with them!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ohhhh sounds like I'm having another moan, but the equinox is supposed to have 6 speakers........ how many can I find????? 4!!!!

Sales lady says there are tweeters in the door, by the mirrors, well mine are well hidden if they are!!!

This time its still on the Kia website, another misprint???????

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been seeing some photos of the Equinox and it looks like there are 2 on the rear doors, 2 front doors and 2 more on the dashboard -near the A pillar.

Does the Equinox have heated steering? The Brochure says it does but their website says it doesn't. I'm really am confused.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blimey I've lost my doors as well!!!! No seriously, its only 3 doors, so no speakers there!

Its the Halo that has heated seats and steering wheel, I wonder if they've lost any of the goodies on that model??

·
Registered
543 Posts
Congratulations bridge girl :) on your new car , :O no side skirts :( I was hoping mine would be coming with them too the speakers are in dash arnt they ? And thats it :(
Hope it's running nicely and great to hear you love her :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks,there'sa pair on the dashboard and a pair next to the rear seats, any other "hole" just has hot air coming out lol from my "fully automatic air conditioning"!!

I shall ask the sales team where they think the other 2 are hidden when I go back for my missing "pebble", and my missing locking wheel nut.

·
Registered
65 Posts
When you say the pebble is missing do you mean it wasnt given to you when you collected the car ??

I wonder if the sales exec thought it was a cool looking keyring rather then a key ??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I wondered that too lol, they promise me they have ordered another one.

As for the missing speakers, the dealer told me the missing ones were in the front doors, Kia customer service tell me they are in the back........... unless they're very well disguised I can't see them, when I go back for my pebble, I shall get some one to point them out..... maybe!

·
Registered
9 Posts
So are you saying there are 4 speakers on the front doors and 2 on the dashboard? doesn't make sense. Makes more sense if it's at the back.

·
Registered
543 Posts
It depends on what model you have I think but none have 4 in the front and no rears . I only had mine for a little while and realised they were in dash but never checked the back .
When my ecodnamics comes I will see and post because I'm changing them anyway .

·
Registered
65 Posts
Bridgegirl considering your dealer say they have ordered you a newPebble do you have to give them the car to programme it ??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes vass they said it would take about 5 minutes to reprogram, I'm assuming they'll do that when I pick the pebble up (assuming I go in the car of course!! lol)

·
Registered
23 Posts
My Equinox 2011 2 speakers on horizontal dash near door pillars. 2 speakers in door panels. and 2 speakers in rear panels so definitely 6 SPEAKERS

Happy owner Paul

·
Registered
9 Posts
After a year of looking at other cars. I'm back at looking at the Equinox again.
Seriously, Here in Kent/East sussex, Ihaven'tseen ANY Equinox running around.

Can anyone do me a review please. I cant seem to find an Owner review of this car.
I've been Whatcar etc reviews of the car andsomesay that the car has bad handling. Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by: chillerkid

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Probably a bit late for you now? I expect you've made up your mind?

I loved myEquinox, I found the seating position very comfortable, a nice height. It was a bit slow pulling away, but once going a nice drive, and I found no problems with motorway driving.

Apart from not having the cills (which you can now get I see), and mine seemingly missing 2 speakers, I couldn't fault it. I loved the keyless entry, no fumbling about to find my keys (you know what womens hand bags are like!!).

I guess the mpg could have been better, but I hadn't done enough miles to give it a fair chance.

The breaks were a bit severe, but you soon get used to them and stop throwing your passengers through the window!!

The Equinox is only available from stock now, and the top of the range car is now the 3 door "White", which looks to be on par with the equinox, mine should turn up onFriday as a replacement for my Equinox which was written off.

Hope this helps if you still haven't made up your mind?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts