Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken a new xceed (manual) as above and what are the instructions for doing a hill start with EPB. Keep rolling back which is driving me mad. Have read the manual, searched on line and watched u tube but still don't know correct way to move off safely. Getting apprehensive about driving anywhere near an incline!

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
541 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum!

No EPB on my Proceed (thank goodness!) but I think what you'll need to do it to exploit the hill-start feature. So as you see, for example, the lights go amber, put your foot on the footbrake, release the EPB, and move your foot from the brake to the accelerator and bring up the clutch as normal. The hill-start feature will hold the brakes for the second or two it takes to move your foot from one pedal to the other.

Or you might even have auto-hold as a feature (I think some KIA do), but you'll need someone with an Xceed to describe this, hopefully one will be along soon. Otherwise, enjoy the Xceed!

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Hi & Welcome

This is where Auto hold is a real bonus. it's just press accelerator and away you go, no rolling back.
Waas one of my fears on going Auto. It is actually easier :)

Perhaps treat the EPB the same as you would a normal handbrake. So instead of releasing the handbrake, just press the EPB down. once you are ready to go, should not roll back, just the same as it did not in your old car with a standard handbrake.

So just drive it the same as you did before. (y)

Just found this as I did think that it will auto release once moving.

To release EPB (electric parking brake) automatically:

• Manual transaxle vehicle

1. Start the engine.
2. Fasten the driver's seat belt.
3. Close the driver's door, engine hood and tailgate.
4. Depress the clutch pedal with the gear engaged.
5. Depress the accelerator pedal while releasing the clutch pedal.
Give it a try with no one around, then if it does not then it does not matter. Even on the flat will prove that it either works or not (y)

·
Registered
28 Posts
We've just bought an XCeed 1.4t petrol manual and just behind the Electric Parking Brake is an Auto Hold button. There's instructions about it in the manual - Section 6, page 55

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. Will get used to it eventually. Haven't hit any thing yet!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts