Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
Looking for a new car and found a 2016 Kia Ceed CRDI GT-Line ISG 5door 134BHP.. 53k miles
What are some common issues with them, stuff I should look out for, reliability, etc?
Any replies are greatly appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
378 Posts
All the Normal stuff you'dcheck on a used car really.. Make sure it's got a full service history (every 20k miles or 12 months whichever occurs first) if you want to ever make a warranty claim. I would personallly never buy a diesel that hasn't been regularly serviced.

In my opinion they don't really have a serious achilles heel. You gotta expect some wear and tear on a 6yr old car but I think they hold up pretty well.

You won't get the advertised 70+mpg out of it. 50 is more realistic.

Reading thru this section of the forum should give you an idea of things that crop up from time to time....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All the Normal stuff you'dcheck on a used car really.. Make sure it's got a full service history (every 20k miles or 12 months whichever occurs first) if you want to ever make a warranty claim. I would personallly never buy a diesel that hasn't been regularly serviced.

In my opinion they don't really have a serious achilles heel. You gotta expect some wear and tear on a 6yr old car but I think they hold up pretty well.

You won't get the advertised 70+mpg out of it. 50 is more realistic.
Sounds good, are there not many major problems on most of them? After owning a Peugeot I've been traumatised and have to make sure that there aren't any hahaha

·
Registered
378 Posts
Nothing major.
Most issues relate to wear and tear items, brakes, clutch, suspension etc - just be realistic - you cannot expect a 6yr old car to be perfect, there will be some maintenance to keep on top of, same as any ageing car.

So far Mine has suffered dead battery, reverse camera failure, drivers seat cushion failed, all its wheels are corroded (diamond cut finish is a joke) and it'll need new brakes next summer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all.
Looking for a new car and found a 2016 Kia Ceed CRDI GT-Line ISG 5door 134BHP.. 53k miles
What are some common issues with them, stuff I should look out for, reliability, etc?
Any replies are greatly appreciated, thanks!
I have a 2016 SW and it has been perfect no issues at all. I bought it almost new from KIA with full 7 years warranty and it has been trouble free. I had a 11 plate SW before this one and both were perfect, both level 3 comfort but the 2016 is far better. It is an auto and one of the best cars I have ever had.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I own a GT line 2016 estate 1.6 crdi 134bhp. This car is bullet proof.
Comfortable suspension, variable power range ( spools pretty good when you needs more power).

Entertainment system is spot on once you keep it up to date trough KIA maps and headunit updates.

Suffers from diamond cut wheels corrosion but I've upgraded mine.

Things to look after is rear suspension bushes as they are weak and common to split as this is my second vehicle which suffered the same problem but it was sorted by manufacturer warranty ( my first car was written off).

Top choice of a vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts