Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I set my ENiro to start charging 'tomorrow' at 02:30am through to 08:00am
The UVO app confirmed receipt of the schedule.
The car and my Zappi 2 Charger both confirmed "waiting to charge"
But 30 minutes later the car starts charging anyway, ingoring the schedule.
When checking the schedule its gone back to default values.

Anyone else had this?

Super Moderator
Is this any help
3:40 onwards

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Is this any help
3:40 onwards

Many thank iooi. I did exactly what was shown in the video but in the UVO App. It all looked fine but the car started charging 30 minutes after we sent the schedule. No idea why.

Registered
I have the same problem with my e niro 4+. It starts to charge as soon as it is plugged in. This is night two, I have entered a departure time for 04:30, this is when Octopus cheap rate finishes. It appears to have worked, at least it hadn鈥檛 started charging. The UVO app tells me I have no schedule, the car EV says I do have a schedule. Ah hum

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I have the same problem with my e niro 4+. It starts to charge as soon as it is plugged in. This is night two, I have entered a departure time for 04:30, this is when Octopus cheap rate finishes. It appears to have worked, at least it hadn鈥檛 started charging. The UVO app tells me I have no schedule, the car EV says I do have a schedule. Ah hum
Please let us know how this progresses and if you find a fix.

Super Moderator
Many thank iooi. I did exactly what was shown in the video but in the UVO App. It all looked fine but the car started charging 30 minutes after we sent the schedule. No idea why.
Have you tried via infortainment system? Rather than the UVO app? Which is known to be a bit flakey.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Have you tried via infortainment system? Rather than the UVO app? Which is known to be a bit flakey.
Hi, yes, I sat in the car, verified the schedule was in place, car said "waiting for charge" and Zappi2 Charger said "waiting". All good. Then it randomly started to charge before the schedule said it should.

Super Moderator
Hi, yes, I sat in the car, verified the schedule was in place, car said "waiting for charge" and Zappi2 Charger said "waiting". All good. Then it randomly started to charge before the schedule said it should.
What do the setting on the car (not UVO) say now?

I would try setting VIA the car & not the app, to see if that make any difference. Could be that via the app it is not saving the settings.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
What do the setting on the car (not UVO) say now?

I would try setting VIA the car & not the app, to see if that make any difference. Could be that via the app it is not saving the settings.
I will try it that way round on the next charge. Thanks

Registered
Kie e-Niro 4+ Silky Silver
Was the schedule charging set to off peak, and not the other which I believe is of peak priority.

You also need to set a departure time, but don鈥檛 worry this can be anytime as it鈥檚 only used if you schedule to warm the cabin 馃榾

Registered
Was the schedule charging set to off peak, and not the other which I believe is of peak priority.

You also need to set a departure time, but don鈥檛 worry this can be anytime as it鈥檚 only used if you schedule to warm the cabin 馃榾

Registered
With the UVO app can the primary and guest accounts set the scheduled charge time? I ask as both persons apps show exactly the same details (car status, location etc but on the Schedule part, one app will not show the Next Departure Time just dashed lines - scheduled charging and temperature show details but cannot be changed. The other can change any of the details. How do we get the two apps to work for the schedule part?

Super Moderator
With the UVO app can the primary and guest accounts set the scheduled charge time? I ask as both persons apps show exactly the same details (car status, location etc but on the Schedule part, one app will not show the Next Departure Time just dashed lines - scheduled charging and temperature show details but cannot be changed. The other can change any of the details. How do we get the two apps to work for the schedule part?
Which is not showing the details?

I could understand the guest, so it does not alter the main users settings.

Registered
Which is not showing the details?

I could understand the guest, so it does not alter the main users settings.
The guest seems to be the one having the issues - so they have control over everything except the scheduled charging? Is there anyway to have them equal? Could we both just log in as the same person (primaryaccount). I am away from home 7 days out of 13 and so we both need to be able to set the scheduling independently from each other.
Thanks for you help.

Super Moderator
The guest seems to be the one having the issues - so they have control over everything except the scheduled charging? Is there anyway to have them equal? Could we both just log in as the same person (primaryaccount). I am away from home 7 days out of 13 and so we both need to be able to set the scheduling independently from each other.
Thanks for you help.
I honestly do not know.

I can think of a couple of work rounds, is if they text you the times and you reset them. I think the reason it will only be on main user acc is to stop guest from changing the details.
Other would be could they set up their own account on the car?
I would send Kia Customer Services a message & ask them.

Registered
I honestly do not know.

I can think of a couple of work rounds, is if they text you the times and you reset them. I think the reason it will only be on main user acc is to stop guest from changing the details.
Other would be could they set up their own account on the car?
I would send Kia Customer Services a message & ask them.
Thanks very much - I鈥檒l do as you suggest and contact Kia and see how it can be done. 馃憤

Registered
Glad there is a thread about this. I'm having a problem with the 'Scheduled charging' (not to be confused with 'Off Peak Charging'). There doesn't appear to be an actual function of the Scheduled Charging and im beginning to think its more of a gimic or else it just doesn't work as attended or assumed. Similar to Nucleardave2020 above it just starts charging when its plugged in.

My understanding of how Scheduled charging is intended to work is this and if i'm wrong please tell me.
So lets say you have 37% of charge left and your next departure time is 7am (Mon-Sun in fact). Depending on the charge left on any particular day the software should calculate in this example how long 63% will take to make it 100% full nearest 07:00. So lets say the diagnostic calculates it will take 3.5hrs to get to 100% well then the charge should automatically start at at 03:30 so that its full just at 7:00.
What actually happens is that it starts charging straight away when you plug it in!. I would have thought it should work like an oven when you set it that the roast beef should be ready at a certain time and the oven makes the calculation what time to switch on and what time to stop?. Am I misunderstanding the function altogether!?.

The 'Off Peak' charging function works great in that you can input your start and stop times and it works only between these two times. Perfect. I know once you have this you dont really need scheduled times but just out of pig iron Id like to know in what instance can Scheduled charging help you over just plugging it in without it set!.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts