Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been looking to update the dashcam I was using in my Niro PHEV ready for the eNiro. After a bit of research I went for the Thinkware, and installed in the eNiro. Also got one for the wife’s Audi.

It has an optional OBD Harness which makes install very easy and senses battery voltage and switches off parking mode if the battery gets to a pre determined low state.. It also does safety camera warning and fwd collision warning and lane departure which the eNiro 4+ already does.

IMG_4175.jpg IMG_4179.jpg

Here are some images of install...

One thing to note I decided to put the rear cable through the rubber grommets in the tailgate, the rubber boot seal has some sticky black adhesive on so be careful not to get it on the roof liner or trim when pulling down.

Front camera position's

IMG_4167.JPG

IMG_4172.JPG

Rear Camera Position

IMG_4165.JPG

IMG_4166.JPG

Harness Install, unclip the existing OBD port and connect it to the adapter cable then refit the new plug back into the port, the excess cables fit into a small cavity above the bonnet release lever..

IMG_4169.JPG IMG_4170.JPG

Tailgate camera fitting, the centre plastic trim just pulls off, threaded the rear camera cable along the headlining and door pillars into the rubber boots in the tailgate then into the camera.

IMG_4161.JPG IMG_4163.JPG

·
Registered
32 Posts
Same camera as what I used. I added the thinkware battery under the passenger seat as that way I am not touching the 12V battery when the car is off

1 - 2 of 2 Posts