Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here we go!!

Had my 2.0 ltr crdi serviced on the 9th april i took it in as it was due it's 2 year 2nd service and has done around 26000 miles. Anyway before i took it in it was not running right the week before as it kept hasitating stalling and cutting out then it would run a couple of days and do the same thing again! i took it to the dealers who serviced it and they thought it was an Air flow meter problem so i drove it home and booked it in for the following week. No chance had to get the RAC out to take it for me.

they replaced it and it still would not start, came up with another sensor problem, replaced that then found that 2 injectors (one completely broke up)were not working correctly replced that still no joy!!! Phone call today, oil in the cat and particulate filter and in various other parts of the engine where it shouldn't be. Also told that it might not be covered under the warrenty as servicing wasn't carried out when it should have been? what!!! so your telling me that everytime it goes in for a servicing you need to strip the engine down to see if anything internally is broke? need help and fast need to know where i stand on this issue as i'm being told could cost upward of 4k which to be honest i ain't got. if this turns out to be true then the warranty is not worth the paper its written on

·
Registered
887 Posts
You took it for it's second year/20k service at 26k miles, warranty is worth a lot, but you are well outside the terms by being late on your servicing, you can only see what the diagnosis is and see if kia will stump up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what terms? mileage or in the 2 year period? only got the car april 2008 new,and they are recommended intervals or are they mandatory? as i can't find anything in the terms and conditions to say otherwise? or word to the effect that by not sticking to the servicing time periodthat it will invalidate your warranty if anyone can find anything that does say this please let me know thanksEdited by: mike549

·
Registered
887 Posts
Check your service book.
They are mandatory, 12 months or 10k mile intervals, whichever occurs sooner.
You might be lucky, kia are fair and reasonable, it's up to your dealer to try for you, in the event of a major unit failure, they will need to submit service evidence to kia, decision will be made from there

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes the dealer has submitted photo evidence and is trying on our behalf but to be honest after reading some of the stuff on here i am worried even though i have paid the same out to have it serviced if all but a little later than someone else. some real horror stories about the way people are delt with. And i am looking in the warranty book of the loan car now and i can't see the word mandatory anywhere only reccomended!!! Still thats a technical issue!!

·
Registered
887 Posts
I do wish you the best of luck, I've been in the industry for too many years, however, in my personal experience, Kia are amongst the fairest in the industry.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Mike549 I hope you all the best with your problem, but with most things these day you have to read the small print, 12 months or 10k miles is the target the legal PC blood suckers would go for.
Give them an inch, 250 miles over and they will use that to say you did not comply.

Bob.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh well pretty well screwed then as you might say!!Still i am waiting for a reply from Kia head office as to what is happening. Makes it a very stressful situation at the moment all the waiting!! And the longer it goes on the less faith i have in the fact that it will be rectified under warranty

·
Registered
120 Posts
"Phone call today, oil in the cat and particulate filter and in various other parts of the engine where it shouldn't be. Also told that it might not be covered under the warrenty as servicing wasn't carried out when it should have been? what!!!"

...........they're probably just covering their backs in case it's a big engine blow up caused by oil stavation- you've gone way over the service interval, something any modern diesel engine does not tolerate easily, particularly with regard to filter changes: 16000 mileson it's first change of oil is pushing it a bit and asking for trouble, do you check the oil once a week or so? Out of curiosity, you say oil in other parts it shouldn't be..where is it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
HAD SAME SORT OF PROBLEM WAS I THINK THEY CALL IT E.R.G. VALVE IT LET FUMES OUT. THINK IT WAS RERLATED TO TURBO GOING THO WAS TOWED TO LOCAL KIA DEALER BY RAC TWICE IN 4 WEEKS ALTHOUGH KIA TOLD ME IT WAS CAT THAT NEEDED DOING RAC TOLD ME FIRST TIME TURBO 2ND KIA SAME AS RAC ERG VALVE.STILL NOT RUNNING RIGHT BUT KIA VERY FUNNY ABOUT SERVICES AND WARRANTY AT RIGHT TIMES.MY LOCAL DEALER VERY GOOD KNOW WHAT THEY DOING WHEN COMES TO WARRANTY STUFF WAS AND MEANS OF GETTING ROUND IT
BUT IVE ALL WAYS SAID IF IT NOT BROKE DONT MESS WITH ENGINE IVE BEEN 90% SPOT ON.GOT 2007 56 PLATE CARENS NEVER HAD PROPER SERVICE OR CAM BELT SERVICE YET GOT 62,000 ON CLOCK.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts