Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought a 57 plate Ceed 1.6 LS (deisel). After a few it developed an annoying whistle in 1st & 2nd gear.It sounds asthough thereis a police car about 200yds behind you. I have read on your forum that it could be a problem with the turbo, are there any other things that might cause this noise?
Scamag

·
Registered
144 Posts
A certain amount of turbo whistle is normal when the car is under load. Do you hear it above the sterio? If so what volume setting do you use, because I cant hear any whistle in 1.6CRDi when I am in the car, but i tend to have the music on a bit loud.

If you are worried, take it back to your retailer and ask the service department to check it out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The turbo on my 07 ceed with 30k miles started to whistle.it was replaced under warranty ,no hassle. Whistling is usually a sign of early turbo problems, if it fails you will certainly know it will sound like all the big-ends have failed all at once.
Take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
does it whistle in the rest of the gears, i doubt if would be a problem with the turbo if it only happens in two gears, if it hapens in the rest of the gears then ignor my post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts