Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1.6 crdi has started to whistle it kicks in at 1300/1500 RPM. Seem to be using about 10% more fuel than usual,overall performance does,nt appear affected as yet.

Any info. or ideas would be welcome

If it starts to sing I will get back to you if the guys in white coats have,nt me away

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sounds like there could be a fault with the turbo or the sealant round the turbo, does it smoke much?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Poddy for reply,I agree it looks like a turbo problem. The cars going into dealer in the morning (Tue). Will let you know the outcome, this is the first problem I`ve had in 32k miles. Re. the smoke ,none that I`ve noticed. Thanks again.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Car went into dealership this morning. As suspected a faulty turbo was diagnosed. The service manager contacted KIA, UK who authorised fitting a new turbo,which will be done Thur.when the part arrives.
After all the negativeposts I`ve read about warranty issues, I`m very impressed with the service I have received. So well done Hursts Kia Belfast.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hursts Kia were the same with me, thought they didn't diagnose a fault with the part, they just replaced the sterio

havn't had any problems with the car 8months of owning it and i've drivin like a mad man quite alot lol

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Newturbo fitted to-day ,whistling noise has gone. Anyone else have any turbo probs, or am I just unlucky.

Cheers for now.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You're the 1st i've herd to have a problem with your turbo.

and my car has been mapped, K&N and a DeCat exhaust lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts