Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

Can anyone tell me how long a Sorento takes to warm up?????

I have a 2004 XS Diesel Sorento with 93k on the clockand think it takes a long time to warm up.

As a test i tried it this morningand from a cold start the needle on the temp gauge did not move at all for the first 2 miles and then climbed steadily for the next 2 miles till it reached the normal running temperature.

Is this normal or should i look at a new thermostat ??

This is the first Diesel i have had and seems slower warming up than my previous

petrol engined cars.

Regards

Paul

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi paul

My 2004xs takes around 10 minuets to reach normal temprature in cold weather.

Dont forget if you are running the heater fansand driving - you are removing heat from theengine as well as injecting a lot of really cold air (dependant on speed)and it will take longer to reach normal temps. The Sorento is a big block that needs a lot of heat in winter to get it up to normal temps and being diesel using lower revs for any given speed over a petrol engine.

I think in last years big freeze it taking a good 15- 20 minutes to reach normal.Tryway running it stationary with no heater fan blowing and time it, then time it again on your normal run.

Regards Martin
Edited by: UncleMart

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys.

I tested it again and timed it. Took 5 mins for the needle to move off the stop.

Then another 4 minutes to get to normal temperature.

Seems that this is about right from what you have told me.

Thank you for the information

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts