Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Have now got 31k on my Diesel Tempest. And i seem to be having a slight engine vibration at 2500 revs or 75mph...... my natural cruising speed. Its not loud...... just a mild pervading thrum that makes me want to slow down or go faster. Anybody else?. The engine seems perfectly smooth at 2400 revs!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Check you have all your wheel weights on the alloys, might sound like the engine when you have road noise over it.Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
536 Posts
Don't think it could be clutch judder? Or an off ballance pulley? Thing is thought you would feel it through all the other gears. It's a strange one tempest. You'll have to let us all know if you find the source. I would even say it could be a loose engine damper or mount but I think it would be a big vibration

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just sat in the drive revving it and its fine..... the droan only happens underload....... have to see if it does it in the lower gears....but i dont usually stay in them any length of time like you do fifth.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I am wondering if it could be wheel weights as mentioned earlier because the only difference in 5th gear as opposed to the other gears is the speed of the car - if your doing 2500 revs in the other
gears all the machinery ie gearbox/engine etc is rotating without vibration. I hope the Soul
doesnt have a dual mass flywheel as this makes changing the clutch a VERY expensive job which
the 7 year warranty doesnt cover

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wheel weights was my first thought which is why i had them rebalanced to rule it out. I need to spend some time testing the car and nailing it down to correctly diagnose the issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts