Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the noise form the engine increases around 1800 rpm. i have tried this is all gears. below this rpm, the engine is virtually silent.

is this the turbo kicking in?

is this normal behaviour?

thanks

·
Registered
536 Posts
Nah, can't really hear my turbo at all. Not compared to my old car, which you could hear whistling away...made you think there were sirens sometimes. Which engine have you got? Or what spec? It's easier to distinguish what level of tune your engine is from that.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Mine was quite a loud whistle from start up (noticeable from outside the car - closing garage door etc)when I first got the car, can`t say I notice it now - maybe I`m just use to it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a Pro 2.0 CRDi. Not a whistle, just sounds noisier. Suppose it sounds a little like the revs are up.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Oh I can't say then. I've the 1.6 126bhp model. Still not a slouch though. Compared to my 140 2ltr passat it is probably a little quicker. Like I say though I can't here a single thing from the turbo. In fact one of my friends last night even asked it was a turbo or just diesel as he couldn't here it. Maybe check the oil or have it changed see if that cleares it but it maybe just common to the model

1 - 6 of 6 Posts