Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All , I have a2002 sedona that wont start without EASY_START and will only run for a few mins. and then stop, Its a 2.9 tdi engine, Any info. would help, regards Lilyb

·
Registered
195 Posts
have you done anything to it yet?has it been sat for any length of time?
first up I would check the air filter, and change the fuel filter, it will need priming with the rubber pump attached to the filter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You for your advise, Yes it has a new filter since the problem began but iit didnt help, I had a mechanic look at it and he thinks its the high pressure valve cot -off , but does not know where to find it

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi all, I am fed up asking mechanics to fix my engine so that it will keep running, Anybody know where I can get an engine at a reasonable price THAT RUNS , collection is not problem as My Sons truck is in the U.K every week and he can collect, The engine I need is a 2.9 tdi j3 model. Hope here some results soon, MANY THANKS LILYB

·
Registered
702 Posts
lilyb said:
Hi all, I am fed up asking mechanics to fix my engine so that it will keep running, Anybody know where I can get an engine at a reasonable price THAT RUNS , collection is not problem as My Sons truck is in the U.K every week and he can collect, The engine I need is a 2.9 tdi j3 model. Hope here some results soon, MANY THANKS LILYB
Hi
There is a guy near wellinborough who breaks and sell Sedona's, the problem being the engine would probably come with out the diesel pump and the injectors which is probably where your problem lies, he 's a good lad and I'm sure you could come to some arrangement with him .Quite a few guys on this list and the other forum have used and could vouch for him if needed as can I. His details are as follows

Email [email protected]
Mobile 07799408459

He sells on the UK EBay under the user id Sedonagary and has excellant feed back. Give him a try .

·
Registered
235 Posts
Have you taken it to a Kia dealership to determine what the problem is......if not a good diesel garage in the area..there must be someone around you, even over the border that can examine and give you a diagnostic report.

I am too far down for you......can you give a more detailed explanation over the problem..like a story of what has happened, when it was serviced etc..etc

Taff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts