Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Engine still immobilised

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  deckbore 
#1 ·
Hi again, I am hoping somebody can offer some advice, I have posted a couple of times over the past three weeks but I am no further forward. The car is in the care of a local garage and their diagnostic machine has indicated an ’immobiliser antenna‘ fault.....I have spoken to them, now I am going to try and source a replacement antenna as they have told me it is basically a process of elimination at this stage. It could be very expensive if they were to allocate several hours to that task. There seems to be several different type of antenna over the Kia/Hyundai range, can anyone recommend a particular one? Should I remove the original and try and match it up? I have read somewhere about ECU remapping and having the immobiliser system bypassed completely, is this even possible? Is it recommended? Thanks for reading this, any help or advice would be gratefully received. Cheers, Alan, 2007 Kia Ceed 1600 petrol.

#2 ·
You need to match the existing antenna.

It might be possible to remap the immobiliser out, and your insurance company will throw their toys out of the pram.

Might be better to get a KIA dealer to look at is as they will have better diagnostics and access to KIA technical.

#3 ·
kia have had the antenna fault across the entire range of vehicles, they are usually intermittent in operation if you have a faulty one but not always, get a genuine kia part only from a kia dealer by chassis number, then you will know you have the correct one.

#6 ·
Hi thanks for all the replies, some good advice there, I’m going to price a genuine Kia antenna using the chassis number and if it’s reasonably priced I will try that (checking it matches ok) I have decided against remapping as a solution, thanks again, I will let you know how I get on. Cheers, Alan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.