Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has a KIA Sorento, and has had trouble with the engine smoking. After a couple of weeks he noticed that it only smoked if he had the Air conditioning switched off, and when it was on it stopped smoking. I would have said that if anything it would be the other way around as the air con adds load to the engine. Or is the engine running to rich and the air con uses the excess fuel when swithed on? Look forward to you replies thanx!

·
Registered
682 Posts
you could be right scotte60, but then when was it last serviced, also what is the age and mileage, as it could be air filter, engine temperture or even fuel?

Needs a good engineer to have a look at it?

Bob.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi,
I have heard that some Sorentos have EGR valve faults - what does your dealer say?
Also, what colour's the smoke? Does it only happen at startup? I have a cee'd with an engine smoke fault.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi everyone.
I had smoke from my sorento ask loads of people I got different answers from them all so I thought well if I disconnect the EGR valve it either gets better or worst well it got better,it seems better you don't get turbo lag and it's more responsive it hasn't affected anything else .

·
Registered
1 Posts
<div style="text-align: left;">Looks like your EGR valve is causing the issue. EGR valve or exhaust gas recirculation valve is responsible for allowing a specific amount of exhaust back into the engine manifolds which helps in the cooling of the combustion process.
<div style="text-align: left;">

<div style="text-align: left;">It would be best to have you father's car checked. :)

<div style="text-align: left;"><a href="" target="_blank">choosehottubsdirect...
</a> , <a href="" target="_blank">choosehottubsdirect
</a>

Edited by: BusyBee168

1 - 7 of 7 Posts