Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can anybody tell me the spec for the correct engine oil in the 2.2 diesel, i have some Mobil 1 ESP formula 5W-30 fully synthetic with emission system protection,it says it's OK for thedpf (Diesel particulate filter) this seems OK but not sure.

·
Registered
44 Posts
5/w/30 fully synthetic acea c3 bought this 4 litres from wilcos for £12

·
Registered
44 Posts
suttonseven said:
The Carlube above is C3, have a top up in the boot bought from Morrisons. 
Paul
which is made by carlube.and is dearer than wilcos

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Ron
Appreciate that Wilco is cheaper than Morrisons but I only wanted a 1 litre container to put in the boot and Wilco's don't sell them.

My point was that the Carlube in your photo is C3 grade which is exactly the specification Kia state in the handbook and regardless of where you buy it from its the same.

I originally only posted because Stevie says in his post that its no good and DPF cars need C4 or C5 then goes on to state that the Carlube will damage egr and dpf.The ACEA oil specs for catalyst/dpf compatible oils are C1, C2, C3 and C4, therewas no C5 in the 2007 regs. All these oils are designed for dpf equipped engines, the differencesare the HTHS spec (the way the oil behaves when its hot) which different manufacturers have a different spec for and all have a slightly different SAPS figure (sulphur,ash and phosporusresidue basically). Manufacturers design their engines and emission systems to work with a specific specification oil.

I have attached a link to adocument for a little light reading. http://www.acea.be/images/uploads/pub/070308_ACEA_sequences_2007_LD_and_HD.pdf

Paul

·
Registered
44 Posts
thanks for the very informative post Paul.i was only trying to point people in the right direction.i have seen on other forums that people are paying a fortune for acea c3 oil.i always read my handbooks and try to put the right oil in when i have to top up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info, my manual has no mention of C3 oil for the engine, luckily the Mobil oil i bought from ASDA £8 for 5 litres (bargain £30 at Halfords) is C3.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Paul,
no about 3 months ago they were getting rid of stock to make way for Castrol, they had this on Roll Back a week ago but it's back to the normal price now, it's always worth a look and it was in the Hereford branch.
mick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts