Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, i wanted to ask what kimd of engine oil do you use, and if the 10W40 is good for my model because the manual says that 10w30 but we dont have it in my country

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Cant you buy the 10w 30 online.. dont you have eBay and sellers where you are..?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Where do you live?

For example you'd use 10W30 in Northern Europe and 10W40 for Southern Europe in general. 10W30 is suitable for ambient temperatures from -25C to +30C; 10W40 is from -25C to +40C.

However if the car is always doing short runs where it barely gets up to normal temperatures you might even use a 10W20.

Horses for courses really and Kia have (like all manufacturers) chosen the best fit for the entire European area.

Kia shouldn't complain about this if you're in an area where ambient temperatures are regularly above 30C.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hello guys, i wanted to ask what kimd of engine oil do you use, and if the 10W40 is good for my model because the manual says that 10w30 but we dont have it in my country
John,
I personally use 5W-40 to cover a broad range of temperatures. I live in Greece.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts