Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where to find the engine number on a 2010 Kia Carens? I'm having trouble locating it as it isn't anywhere to be seen on the engine! The DVLA are querying the details on the log-book (chassis no. - which I've found - and the engine number don't agree with the car registration). I've had it into the local garage - they couldn't find it either. Thedealership whereit was purchased aren't able to help except to say it might be behind the alternator...
If all else fails then I'll have no alternative but to put it into the garage for 2days!ALso 'phoned several numbers I hadfor KIA and they COULDN'T help either... great! If anyone can help then please get in touch. Thanks

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Have you had a look at the gearbox/flywheel end of engine just under the head gasket thats a common place for engine number.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Davey,

Thanks for reply - the only info I can tell you is that it's 1995 Petrol... any help?

EdinJock

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Already checked out that area - so has the local garage. Been all over it with mirrors and torch, any other spots?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
According to Kia the engine number is on the flywheel end of the engine and faces toward front of car but on the edge of the engine casting.
I think its where the starter motor bolts onto.

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Once again many thanks davey, It's too dark now so I'll check it out tomorrow. Been round all there tho' but will double check.I may be new to the site but not to driving... being in my 70's this is my 24th car and the only one I've never been able to locate an engine number on!KIA also said it was there but I'll stake my shirt on it that it isn't.... They then said 'perhaps it's had a new engine then' - it hasn't!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts