Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2010 Kia sportage 2ltr xs diesel, after some 200 miles it developed a missfire hessitates had egr valve replaced ok for a while then fault returns been back to kia bolton twice but they can't find a fault as it did not do it for them.might go a few days without any problems but then will do 3 or 4 times in one day, has anybody got any ideas.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi glynnatkinsd

Does it do it when you slow down?

Had this happen with mine when I first had it, but after a few thousand miles it has cleared.

With the auto it is not to bad but with a manual box I would think it would be very noticeable.

Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI, Mine seems to do it when your are pulling away in 1st and second gear. the mechanic has said it is because we do short journeys and the egr valves gets blocked and told me to take itdown the motorway to clear it every time have you heard this about diesels. thanks for your previuos reply.

·
Registered
16 Posts
glynnatkinsd said:
HI, Mine seems to do it when your are pulling away in 1st and second gear. the mechanic has said it is because we do short journeys and the egr valves gets blocked and told me to take itdown the motorway to clear it every time have you heard this about diesels. thanks for your previuos reply.

I've heard it said on other Forums. Particularly diesels with a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) in the exhause, its a tree hugger gadget, so that they can regenerate. Doe a modern diesel good to have a good run out weekly anyway to be honest.

Might be worth a look at the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor which can give similar symptoms to EGR failure when dirty / failing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi my 2008 Titan has misfired since new, had a string of so called fixes, thelast three trips out with caravan on tow the EML came on lost all confidence in this car, it now has Days to go till I exchange it for a more mainstream car perhaps at least thier service department will know how to fix faults or at least believe the customer when we say there ias something wrong. One very
off Kia owner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts