Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
09 Kia Ceed 1.4 petrol.
Engine misfiring and engine light sometimes always on but most time blinking.
Have changed plugs (which were knackered) but no joy.
My OBD using Torque showing cylinder 4 misfire. Coil pack maybe?
Anyone any ideas please. Greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Coil pack sounds favourite - could also be an injector I guess. Unless you can lay your hands on one cheap it might be worthwhile to take it to an automotive electrician for diagnosis.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Turnup.
Will have a look around and see if I can get one fairly cheap and give it a whirl as I'm pretty convinced that's the problem.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I know it's not a Kia, but my wife's S**troen C4 had problems with cutting out, and broke down. The AA man put his code reader on it, read misfires, and fitted a new coil pack. The car was "miraculously cured".Next day it messed about again, and the problem was properly diagnosed as a faulty fusebox, with a poor connection delivering low voltage to the coil pack. It's worth checking everything, though if only one cylinder is misfiring, I tend to agree with Turnup

·
Registered
1 Posts
09 Kia Ceed 1.4 petrol.
Engine misfiring and engine light sometimes always on but most time blinking.
Have changed plugs (which were knackered) but no joy.
My OBD using Torque showing cylinder 4 misfire. Coil pack maybe?
Anyone any ideas please. Greatly appreciated.
Did you ever get this fixed ours is doing the same changed plugs but still doing it

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Did you ever get this fixed ours is doing the same changed plugs but still doing it
User Last seen Jan 17, 2018. So has not been back to update since...

Reactions: Drwho2

·
Registered
419 Posts
Harley.
As you have changed the spark plugs it's worth switching coil pack over, not sure if you have 1 for each spark plug on 2 pairs? Trace where you plug leads go to as this will confirm.
Keep updated and ask again of need any help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts