Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a 2004 2.9crdi ls with 126 k on it thats started to play up. Its been a good car with no problems and cost me little in the 5 years i've had it apart from the usual services and general wear and tear, biggest bill was in JAN with with 2 wheel bearings.

However,Saturday i broke down with the engine light on the car cut out going up a hill. RAC man came and 2 hours of us looking later we found a blown ecu fuse 10 amp which he changed and it kept blowing so we put a 40 amp in and looked for the smoke which came from under the fuel filter, two wires shorting out,

I beleive this is a fuel temperature sensor just prior to the filter, and once with a 10 amp fuse in and the plug taken out the car then starts and runs but the engine warning light still comes on under load And the engine will stop if you don't back off on the throttle.

I have repaired the wires and replaced the filter, and still get the engine warning light.

Looking around the internet i've narrowed it down to the following possibilities.

Fuel pump,

Fuel temp sensor attached to the fuel pump.

lamda sensor , blocked cat (unlikely i think as the car just passed MOT 6 weeks ago ?)

Any input greatly appreciatted i was going to just keep plodding along trying to find the fault but this morning the car won't start it just keeps cranking

regards Andrew

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hi Andrew, Welcome to the forum - have you got a code reader to see if any faults are logged or stored. Thats really what you need to pinpoint the problem oterwise its a guessing game!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
Local Kia say no faults stored, (should of put that in my opening post sorry)

Just been reading other threads about the IMV and loose connections on the other end of the wiring loom from the fuel filter under the air filter so i'm going to go look at those now, It will at least eliminate some more possibilities.

Kia say they'll look at it but i don't like to write blank checks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts