Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.Has anyone had the engine management lamp flashing, only when engine under load, or when revving above 2500rpm.
It goes off when engine on overrun or when idling.
it only started today and I cant get it booked in till nxt wk for someone with a code reader.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What year/model do you have?
I have just got a sedona (see sig) and what you describe sounds a bit like a DPF regeneration.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Wasntme

I have just had a similar prob with my 03 2.9CRDi. on Tuesday it flashed on once (only for a few seconds) when underload up a hill. Then Yesterday on a long trip stayed on for a couple of minutes while under load up another hill at a steady 70 mph. Went off as soon as the load was reduced at the top of the hill. No change in performance and was Ok for the rest of the trip and return. Nothing since. On mine it can't be the DPF as I am sure its not fitted to that earlier model.
Rgds Ray

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AAHH, found the culprit...took it to a mates garage and the code reader found no fault, (of course it didnt as the fault is intermittent).
However I had noticed that when the EM lamp came on the headlamps dipped for a fraction of a second, as though a heavy electrical load was being switched.
After checking the coolant heater plugs above the turbo waste gate, we found a broken cable, so everytime the engine moved the heater plugs circuit was broken, hence with no load the engine moved back and the connection was made again.
easy fix and cheap too, made an extension to the cable, (44/030 quality heavy cable) Good as new.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Brilliant news, Glad you got it sorted :)
Reminds me of a mates old Audi 80, but thats another story :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts