Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well only had my Stinger since last Friday, already the engine management light has come on again. It came on when we test drove it, they said it was probably because it had to be jump started as it has been in the showroom for some time. Not had it a week and it's on again ? !! Although it's not flashing it's a bit of a worry. It's an ex demo car with 1k on the clock. The Mrs is ringing the Kia dealership today.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Best thing to do is get it booked in and looked at as you are doing - I'm sure it'll likely be nothing major.
Is it petrol or diesel? Some petrol's have been known to have coil / spark plug issues which are easily rectified by the dealer. God bless that 7 year warranty! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 2.2 Diesel. See what comes back when the mrs rings at dinner
Cheers

·
Registered
712 Posts
Sure its not DPF! light if demo it will only have done very short trips check if it is, if so give it a blast down the motorway that will sort it (y) (y)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the info, it's going in to the garage next Wednesday. They are putting it on the diagnostic system, so they can sort it out. I'm not paying 26k and having the warning lights coming on .

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all, quite report on the engine management light.
So the Stinger went in to the Kia dealership this morning and put in the diagnostic system.
Turns out to be the exhaust system sensors.
1 side to much oxygen and the other side not enough. ?
So hopefully all sorted now. ?
We shall see ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not happy right now ? my beloved Stinger might be going back. Had it 2 weeks and the bloody engine management light has come on 3 times, it was only in the dealership beginning of the week. Now it might be a sensor. So got to take it in again next Tuesday. See what happens then

·
Registered
153 Posts
Not happy right now ? my beloved Stinger might be going back. Had it 2 weeks and the bloody engine management light has come on 3 times, it was only in the dealership beginning of the week. Now it might be a sensor. So got to take it in again next Tuesday. See what happens then
Hopefully these are just "teething troubles".
Have a car sitting around or being used for short journeys can cause things to get clogged up - once sorted, a few long-distance essential shopping trips at high speed should prevent further gremlins.

Ignore the comment above, all variants of Stingers are great cars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts