Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
My car is 2011 Venga 3 Auto 1600cc with 60000 on clock.
Only 2 recent things happened.
1 = Car was soaked by driver coming other way and totally soaking the car.
2 = Filled up with supermarket petrol.
Just gone out for a run today and it started running sluggishly up to 50mph with light flashing.
Then coming home light on all the time but starts flashing when going round roundabouts as though the petrol is sloshing round in full tank of fuel.
Regards
Pattouno

·
Registered
125 Posts
Once I had an engine light come on in motorway service area and called the RAC and they plugged it in and said an injector was faulty, took a chance and got home.

Are you member of AA or RAC? they may carry a laptop and can read any codes saved.

On another car I kept getting an engine light coming on but there were no codes, battery was disconnected for a minute or two and when reconnected the light was out. From then on I carried a 13mm spanner and disconnected the battery whenever it came on, luckily that solved the problem each time.

Edit to add,
Do these cars have a water trap with a sensor?
Water fuel?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I agree with the previous suggestion that you get the stored error code(s) read, as anything else is just random guessing. Do you know anyone with an OBD2 code reader? They're pretty commonplace, so ask your friends, neighbours and work colleagues. Or any local garage should be able to read the code and explain the problem to you very cheaply.

For the future, do get yourself a reader... the ELM327 types are widely available (on eBay, etc) for less than £5 and the required apps (such as 'Torque' for Android) are free! Once you have the code you can Google what it means for your car or, better still, post it to this forum for further advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts