Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1.4 petrol Venga has an intermittent fault. The engine red icon comes on, sometimes with a loss of power,On turning off ignition and restarting and revving it will usually clear and the light goes out some time later. Returned to dealer twice but they cannot find anything. Any ideas? Otherwise a super car.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hi Kwacker, The 1.4 diesel engine s issue has us owners,the dealerships,kia uk and Kia europe baffled. Its taken a while to make them all believe us there is something wrong,and that its not just a characteristic,which was what they were calling it first of all.Its been a long and tiresome fight,but hopefully kia will decide on what to do to remedy this issue for us owners sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Kwacker, you could be right about it being a faulty plug. Just had first annual service and nothing came up. I will suggest this if the fault shows up again.Anyway, I think the Venga is a great little car, particularly if you play SPAM!! I went round loads of cars trying to fit 2 SPAM bags pllus electric trolleys in the boot out of sight without folding back seats. The Venga does this easily. It drives nicely and easily, nice higher drive position and bags of room. Would like a slightly more powerful engine, but don't need diesel or automatic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts