Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone , we have a 2001 carens with 72'000 miles,we have had it a few yrs, brought in the summer, when winter comes every yr with out fail the engine light comes on and the car runs crap and strugles for power but after winter around march on wards it goes off and runs great only seems to run well in the warmer weather.
its had new spark plugs , ht leads, no engine codes can be found .

if i take the batery off over night and then put it back on the will be no engine light and it will run ok for a short time but as soon as you put your foot down it comes back on only when you need more power.

please help thanks Nic

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dave

i was told to look at the cold start sensor as it makes the car run on 3 cylinders in stead of four which would explain the slugish behavior from the car, i never got round to doing this as i got rid of the car .

good luck with it thanks nic

·
Registered
476 Posts
Please note that you two are talking about completely different models with completelydifferentengines, 1 is diesel & the other petrol, nocomparabilityat all between the twootherthan the make!

The dpf sensor light on the diesel is very well documented on a lot of forums, your 2008 car will be under warranty, KIA main dealer is your next trip to get it cleaned & a forced regeneration done then follow some of the help tips how to keep it "clean".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts