Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I have a knocking noise coming from my engine. it seems to be loudest around the exhaust manifold/turbo area. it is definatlely a metallic noise/tap that is present at all timesin syncwith revs.
i am also experiencing poor acceleration and black smoke from tail pipe (mainly under load). i suspect it could be a lifter problem but not sure. someone also suggested a cam phaser problem, however i am not familiar with this and don't really know the symptoms or if my sedona has one.
i would be very greatful for any advice/suggestions as to what it may be causing the knock and possible cure. thanks.

Edited by: raptorman

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
raptorman said:
Hi all,I have a knocking noise coming from my engine. it seems to be loudest around the exhaust manifold/turbo area. it is definatlely a metallic noise/tap that is present at all timesin syncwith revs.
i am also experiencing poor acceleration and black smoke from tail pipe (mainly under load). i suspect it could be a lifter problem but not sure. someone also suggested a cam phaser problem, however i am not familiar with this and don't really know the symptoms or if my sedona has one.
i would be very greatful for any advice/suggestions as to what it may be causing the knock and possible cure. thanks.
have anyone else experienced knocking from this engine and where. maybe i'm hearing a deflected knock that may be no where near the exhaust manifold.
thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
murphwiz said:
Without hearing the noise, it's gonna be hard to diagnose!
There is a bulletin covering a engine noise on the 2.9 which is down to the oil pump wearing on the no1 main crank bearing cap.
hi,
thanks for your reply.
would bottom end cause over fueling, hence black smoke under load.
cheers,

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thankyou for all replies.I have found out i have an injector problem.
Can anyone please point me in the right direction for replacement injector(s).
I think i need 2 but will buy a set at right price.
thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi I think i have the same knocking noise in my engine, it sounds very metalic, like a tappit thats loose and as you say it comes and goes depending on the revs (2000 to about 2500) I would be very interested to know how you found out it was bad injectors and how you got on with replacements or repairs.
Cheers
Any help or advise would be extreemly welcome, this constant bang bang is driving me mad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.