Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi can anyone help please . i have a 2003 sedona 2.9 diesal and noticed this morning very cold , started perfect no problems ,but after a few minutes of being in the car i noticed the glow plug warning light was flashing for a few times gos out and starts flashing again .does anyone know what this means

·
Registered
887 Posts
The wires to the air heater on the manifold are borken, easy fix, look just behind the platic intake under the bonnet, you'll see 2 thick gauge wires to the inlet.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Wow Murphwiz, you sound like a pretty handy sort of guy, you obviously know your stuff when it comes to motors
. (I saw you reply on cambelts too).
You might be able to give me some info please. I've had my sedona for4 or 5 weeks now andI still don't know what sort of engine it has. I've never known so little about a car I've owned. The first thing I do when I buy a car is get a Haynes manual but I don't think they do one. I don't knowyet if it's possible to get any sort of workshop manual.

My Sedona is an 2002 lx 2.9td and I'm told its a 6 cylinder engine, is that correct?. Easy to tell when I were a lad
, just lift the bonnet and count the spark plugs or injectors but these days I just stare at the engine trying to make out which end is which.

My mate says it could be a Mercedes engine, is he right?

And what's that small radiator on top of the engine, is that the intercooler or the aircon?

I'll be a lot happier when I know a bit about how things work. I had a dashboard light come onlast week that turned ot to be the 'sedimentor'. Since I hadnever heard of a sedimentor I was scatching my head for a while until it became clear it was part of the fuel system. The hand book says to simply remove the drain plug and allow it to drain but of course there's no room to get your hand anywhere near the drain plug.

I had to remove the fuel filter completley and flush it through. I'm half expecting to have to do it again if there's water in the fuel tank. At least I know what to do now.

·
Registered
887 Posts
The 2.9 TD is a 4 cylinder engine, of mazda origins.
The rad on top is the intercooler, sedimentor light will probably come back on, often it's a sensor fault, just disconnect it if it annoys you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts