Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Ceed 1.6crdi 3, not yet 2 years old, only 14000 miles. Its just died on me no warning no lights no bangs just coasted to a stop then refused to start. Anyone had simular?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I`ve not heard of this occuring.....quite a worry though.
I hope you manage to get to the bottom of it, and it`s nothing major.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh Im sorry to hear that must be something simple though mybe a lose wire keep us informed mate thanks for reporting it
Hope it gets sorted did you have KIA Assist to recover it ?????
Let us know the outcome pls

·
Registered
245 Posts
Be interested to hear the outcome of this.

On the plus side, as you say, it's only 2 years old so still within your warranty so all should be rectified. It's just the hassle of it all.

I know from experience that a major failure on a nearly new car is horrible. When I had my Merc C-class, at only 2 years old and 22k on the clock, it suffered a failed head gasket! Something that was extremely rare on their engines - I was just the unlucky one!. But it all got sorted under warranty, they gave me a replacement car during the process and it ran happily ever after once the repairs where done.

Hope you get the problem identified and sorted quickly. And as I say, do let us know the outcome - I for one would be interested.

Edited by: micman

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turns out it was the diesel injector pump. Has taken 3 days to order not yet fitted. Being done under warranty. (the garage wasn't sure it would be at first but that has been settled with no shouting).

·
Registered
453 Posts
How would the garage not be sure it would be covered ?????, they obviouslydidn'tsee the sticker on the back window that sat says 7 YEARS WARRANTY at first lol

·
Registered
163 Posts
Lol, sounds like the garage trying it on or being massively incompetent! "Sorry, Sir, the engine is awear and tearitem." :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
kiaman said:
How would the garage not be sure it would be covered ?????, they obviouslydidn'tsee the sticker on the back window that says 7 YEARS WARRANTY at first lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's what happened to me with my old Merc A Class just weeks after the end of the three year warranty. It cost £1300 to fix and prompted me to buy my Ceed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts