Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2014 kia rio with 150k highway miles, I had a power loss over the summer. Code indicated cylinder 2 misfire. After attempting several fixes (solenoid/injector) we sent the pcm for diagnostics which did not show a problem. Took the car to dealership for full elctronic diagnostics and they said nothing wrong with electronics and that cylinder had no compression, 4500 engine replacement. My regular mechanic swears he did compression check. Im in a bind

·
Super Moderator
3,168 Posts
Welcome.

Think this would be better in the Rio forum so am moving this thread there.

It might be worth a post in the Kia Customer Support forum also since this is looked at by Kia UK and they can contact your dealer if they think there is a problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Get your guy to check again, to be sure. Then perhaps, look around for a used engine from the same vehicle. You will most likely find one in the hundreds, rather then the thousands. Prior to this though, I would check your guy can swap them ok and how much this will be. A straight swap may be straight forward as long as you get the correct engine model and it may be better then getting yours rebuilt, as it has such a high mileage. It is I believe, this mileage that is stopping it from being a warranty issue. (7 years/100,000 miles).

There MIGHT be a vague chance Kia will offer some goodwill discount on that new replacement but even then, it will be expensive. Many manufacturers do when the warranty has recently expired or the mileage is over the prescribed limit but yours is half again! Still no harm in asking though!
If you fancy trying that, DO be sure to keep saying the car is still within the time limit so should not have had MAJOR issues. I am basing all this on thinking you had full main dealer servicing. If you had local guy or a non-existant service schedule, you may have to wait a while for them to stop laughing and get back up off the floor for the reply!

·
Super Moderator
2,448 Posts
Welcome.

Think this would be better in the Rio forum so am moving this thread there.

It might be worth a post in the Kia Customer Support forum also since this is looked at by Kia UK and they can contact your dealer if they think there is a problem.
TBH. KCS won't be able to help as user is from the states.
So would be best to contact Kia USA as I think that they have a 10 year warranty stateside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts