Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new to the club, just bought a 2003 Sedona, this weekend and went for a spin, but it keeps cutting out at 70mph ish, no indication, no spluttering, just cuts out
I stop the car for a few seconds and it starts and runs perfect, untill the next time. any ideas?????

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Buster and welcome to the club/forum.
Did you buy your Sedona from a Kia dealer, a general dealer, or private seller?

Did you get a warranty with it?

It sounds like a fuel or fuel management problem, trouble is it could be one or more of several things causing the problem.

Does the car always start ok after standing overnight?

How much fuel was in the tank?

If possible take your motor to a main dealer and get them to check the ecu for stored fault codes, this may help with finding the problem.

Sorry if this sounds very basic, but i dont know how much you know about cars and their electronic control systems........

We're all here to help if we can...........jamie.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome Jamie "goldfish66" I bought it private, but I put a very expensive warranty on it, the car starts first time, runs perfect even at 70-90 mph but every now and then just cuts out, I've noticed it is when Ive been running at a constant speed for a while and then accelerate to 70mph +. When I pull over, before the aerial gets to the bottom I turn the key and it starts again, Ive just been to the main dealer in York and he said they would have to do a diagnostic check first at £60, but the warranty doesn't cover that, looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet as I will be towing a caravan with it and it would be a bit dangerous.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I dont think you have any other option really, unfortunately all modern cars have soo many sensors etc it's nearly impossible to guess where the problem may lie.
Hopefully the diagnostic will show up the fault and you can get it sorted quickly.

atb......jamie.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts