This happened to mine but has been ok for 12 months now;
Some CARNIVAL (VQ) J-2.9L VGT diesel vehicles may experience a malfunction indicator lamp illuminated
with P0088 stored in the ECM memories.
- P0088: Fuel rail pressure - Too high
Check first if the Inlet Metering Valve (IMV) has failed by following the IMV diagnostic test and data analytic
- If the test results show what is considered out of the ordinary, replace the IMV (A) with new one and
upgrade the ECM software.
- If the test results show what is considered ordinary, replace the high pressure fuel pumpwith new one. [NOTE] For detailed procedures for theIMV and high pressure fuel pump replacement, refer to the
CARNIVAL (VQ) workshop manual.
2. Applicable Vehicles
– Model: CARNIVAL (VQ) vehicles with J-2.9L VGT diesel engines
– Applicable vehicle production date: From March 2006 to December 2007