Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ,this may be a fluke, our 04 sedona has had the eng check light coming on now for months at intermittent times ,sometimes would go 100mile next time just up the road before it would come on,diagnostics revealed 'no code or fault'.now over the last week it has been coming on constantly as soon as you pull away.now reading several forums people say live with it,or its injector pressure and what baffled me was a experience of itbeing related toa brake light switch, how can this be i thought ,but heres how when you brake the engine cuts down ,check this by driving along keeping the gas on, press very lightly the brake pedalwith you rleft foot just enough to activate the switch and the car will cut down,,well i did this several times in about 1 mile ,its now been 500 miles and the engine check light has not come on so far, lets hope it stays off.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The switch has two sets of wires. 1 set for the lights & the 2nd go to the ecu . This is why you can't dry the brakes off in the old fashioned way after driving in water. The ecu shuts the engine down to failsafe /tickover until you release the throttle.
On some , the switch was set up incorrectly & instead of just enough adjustment to break the contact when released , it was putting pressure on the plastic switch at the rear . Over time the two metal lugs that secure the switch to the metal body would come loose giving the on/off engine management light , normally when something caused the car to shake.

·
Registered
249 Posts
If you take pressure off of the switch & the back part is loose/wobbly , you can remove the switch & just squeeze the lugs up which will tighten the plastic part & stop the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts