Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
suttonseven said:
If the car isn't fast enough you should have bought a more powerfull one in the first place.

Paul
The Rio diesel I have is the quickest one Kia sell so thats why I stuck a box on. Its out of warranty so dont have a worry about detection. I do have a Diagnostic reader and it has never shown any issues with codes. Thats not to say the equipment Kia has will not pick it up. Viking Paul could maybe help there. I have had this box on for about 2 years now and have had no problems with the way the car runs or poor fuel consumption. It is adjustable and I only have it one turn up from its factory setting. I would certainly take it off if it were causing an issue with running and consumption.
On the Rio it is very easy to access the plugs and swap back to the original set up.
Insurance wise, yes you should tell them of any mods but who does in the "real world".
Edited by: davy

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Cheers for the info Paul.
I'm sure if I turned the box up to max it could throw a fault code like you say. What I have it set at is good enough for me and doesn't cause any faults on the ecu so I'm happy with that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts