Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sportage was collected today by BCA. 30 minutes after the man took the car away I was emailed the vehicle condition report. Under the section of damage report it states 2 services excluding PDI. I've checked my contract and this isn't mentioned anywhere. In fact, I don't recall ever having this with any car I've owned. Bit worried I'm going to hit with a ridiculous charge. Anyone else had this at the end of a lease?

·
Registered
61 Posts
My Sportage was collected today by BCA. 30 minutes after the man took the car away I was emailed the vehicle condition report. Under the section of damage report it states 2 services excluding PDI. I've checked my contract and this isn't mentioned anywhere. In fact, I don't recall ever having this with any car I've owned. Bit worried I'm going to hit with a ridiculous charge. Anyone else had this at the end of a lease?
Are they stating that you have had two services or saying you are missing two services?

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
A PDI is a Pre Delivery Inspection and it is standard practice, it has to be done as the car is usually covered in all sorts of protective sheets/coatings. They are also supposed to check all the necessary liquids are present. Either your dealer or the lease company would have done that before handing the car over. Not sure why they would even list that, it's not recorded on the service book.

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
761 Posts
I think it's just their Std jargon, the car has had 2 services excluding the PDI so if it's less than 3 years old & the right mileage it's had the right number of services.

I shouldn't worry yourself about it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts