Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a very interesting article in the magazine Diesel Car regarding Elosys Fluid and wondered if Kia cars use this fluid and also how it is dispensed into the diesel fuel and when is this fluid topped up i.e. is it at a specific service or does the driver need to check it.
I am afraid to admit it but having driven diesels for over 30 yearsI have not heard of this fluid and don't know what it's function is.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thank you for a very comprehensive reply.
The article I was reading did indeed mention specifically Peugeot and Citroen.

I hope you are correct that Kia does not use this system as it sounds an expensive proposition.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hi thunderbird,
Just noticed you mention that kia confirmed to you that he dpf is covered by warranty,this is the opposite to what i have heard and i am glad you have had it in writing,thats reassuring to know.

No one wants to fork out hundreds for something that should last the life ofthe car,or at least should be designed to.

Cheers,james.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Thanks Thunderbird. Your not too old to still learn sumfing in life. About 5 year ago I remember it getting used in a new Road sweeper when I was working in that game, never took much notice of how it worked but I knew it reduced emissions.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Eloys usage is incredible small. . It's somethiincline 37ml per 60ltrs but Volvo have got that an an even lower ratio. It's enough to burn away carbon deposits. It's quite a thin vapourous chemical containing cerine and VERY effective. More effective than an active system. BUT very expensive to...

Eolys will be the next lead and copper. At £77 for 1.5ltr's little scrotes will be robbing the tank from your cars, where as a few years ago it would have been your alloys! The reason ford ask for £300 is because there tanks are usually around the 3-5ltr mark. In the Citroen C5 its 5ltrs but that's only enough for 80k KILOMETERS!!!! Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Hi corsa57<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Eolys
fluid is used by some manufacturers on their cars that have a DPF. It's housed
in a storage tank or reservoir, a small quantity is injected in at specific
intervals to aid the DPF regeneration.

Don't
worry, Kia only use the post injection method to aid the DPF regeneration.

I
hope this has been some help.

Kia Customer Service

0845 6017521

Visit www.kia.co.uk

Join In www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk

Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Call centre opening
hours:

Monday to Wednesday: 8:30am
- 6pm

Thursday: 9:30am - 6pm