Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Might need a dealer with the computer to diagnose but just found this thread from a few years back which may help?

Registered
If I remember correctly the light in the instrument cluster is a warning that the ESC is turned off.

Super Moderator
Could be a failed sensor on one of the wheels. As per @2012vengaman really needs a check. You may find that a OBD2 and something like torque app. That might bring up a error code.

from Amazon "Torque Pro Android Bluetooth fault scanner/Diagnostic Code Reader 拢9.99

Registered
Showed this in a thread a while back now.. it works as well.. give it a try.. nothing lost..

And if that doesn't work have a read of this..

Registered
Electronic stability control indicator on all time even when I turn this off any ideas?
Hi Paul,
I had a similer issue until recently. There are 2 lights, of the ESC off shows if its switched off with the button.

If its just showing the ESC light it could be a number of things. For me it was an issue with my reverse lights, it can be linked to light switch issues. Its worth having someone help you check all your lights with you, brakes, reverse lights etc, rule out the easy things before buying an OBD2 scanner.
I bought one thinking it would help but it didn't show any issues.
Could be simply a blown fuse.

Registered
My ESC light on Venga has intermittently appeared over last few years. Local garage checked but nothing on diagnostics. Most recently came on after 5/10mins driving but after couple of days hasn鈥檛 come on again. We鈥檙e selling it soon so assume it鈥檚 gremlins playing with our heads !! I鈥檓 not technically minded but jetwashed car recently so wonder if that鈥檚 triggered something ? Hope you get it fixed OK.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.