Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2019 sportage 4. Manual gearbox.
Has anyone had problems with the electronic brake not releasing and also the stop ecocide not restarting the car.
Yesterday on two occasion I put the electronic hand brake on and went to pull of and it would not release.
I had to manually release the handbrake.
Again this happened this morning.
I was stopped at some traffic light on a flat surface. Put the car into neutral so it goes into stop/start eco mode but then would not restart.
Something came up on the dash with a constant beeping sound but I did not get a chance to read it as I had a load of cars up my backside.
I redid it and then it started ok, but went to pull off and again the brakes would not release.
I stopped the car completely and restarted then it pulled off fine.
I had this (brake not releasing) on our previous Tiguan (it was being reported by lots of owners of the VAG group) and our Nissan QQ before it. Had the control module replaced wise on the Nissan QQ.
EDITE : I have also had a lot of problems getting it back into first when slowing to a stop at a junction etc.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
2019 sportage 4. Manual gearbox.
Has anyone had problems with the electronic brake not releasing and also the stop ecocide not restarting the car.
Unless another Sportage owner can point you in the right direction through a genuine experience, my advice is to get it into a KIA dealer for investigation ASAP.

Just as an aside, I recommend the term, 'Pull away'!😉

1 - 4 of 4 Posts