Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all,I've just put a deposit down on a 07 Sedona TS, theindependent dealer couldn't answer this question for me, I hope someone on here can.............'is there an over ride switch for the elec doors?'

It seems that this would be one of the only ****** in the Sedona'sarmor,I was wondering if you can just turn it off when it goes wrong?

Cheers.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Lee said:
HI all,I've just put a deposit down on a 07 Sedona TS, theindependent dealer couldn't answer this question for me, I hope someone on here can.............'is there an over ride switch for the elec doors?'

It seems that this would be one of the only ****** in the Sedona'sarmor,I was wondering if you can just turn it off when it goes wrong?

Cheers.
I've just managed to get hold of the workshop manual for the late 2006 to 09 models, I'll have a look and get back to you

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hi, I've got a 56 Sedona TS and you can switch the electric doors off using the overhead door switches set in the roof, and operate them manually. Never had a problem with mine.

·
Registered
702 Posts
it looks as Alans right there does seem to be a powere on/off switch overhead to allow power to be cut to the door switches allowing you to work them manually. Never understood the need for electric doors, just seems more to go wrong and big bills when they go wrong.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks gents

Do agree that it's something else to go wrong, but I have a Previa at the moment and my kids really struggle to shut the doors on that so power will stay on for now

·
Registered
422 Posts
The only thing I find with mine are if you park on a slight incline - ie nose up -. the doors sometimes dont seem to have the power to close and latch properly. But other than that they are ok - Quite flash when you walk towards it point the remote and the doors open before you get there!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
O M G
just how great is my new car ???

Absolutelyblown away by how nice the ride is, how quiet it is,how comfortable it is, how nippy it is

Makes me wonder what car all these motoringjournalist'sbase their slightly negative findings on.....

They must all drive Bentleys obviously

·
Registered
422 Posts
Lee said:
O M G
just how great is my new car ???

Absolutelyblown away by how nice the ride is, how quiet it is,how comfortable it is, how nippy it is

Makes me wonder what car all these motoringjournalist'sbase their slightly negative findings on.....

They must all drive Bentleys obviously
Sounds like you are pleased with it - I've read several reviews that slate the Sedona but as you say most are by people like Clarkson who aren't happy with anything that costs less than 100 grande. Enjoy it Lee they are a nice motor and in general well built and reliable - I've got the TS and it runs better and smoother when fully loaded with seven up and luggage as well. There are some horror stories on the forum but that is why people put posts on the forum to get help and advice to solve their problems. You don't usually get posts from owners who are getting good service but they are out there and I'm sure are the majority! Good luck and enjoy it

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hi, Welcome to the forum - the doors on the post 2006 model Sedona are a real problem in cold weather, both the electric rear ones as well as the front ones seem to freeze solid and will not allow you to open them without forcing them. Someone did suggest spraying silicone polish on the rubber seals to prevent them freezing but it didn't work on mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts