Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Public Service Announcement.

Just a reminder that due to Price Cap increase 1st April.

Please make sure you give your supplier a manual reading of units used. This way it stops them underestimating your usage & charging you extra for units used prior to increase date. As such increasing their profits.

Registered
Xceed 1.0 T-GDI 3 black 2021
Over estimate usage if you can paying in advance for future use at cheaper rate
If you have a smart meter you can鈥檛 as they seemingly send readings every hour or thereabouts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you mean underestimating or over estimating?
Under.
You say use 100 units. They say you have used 90 & charge for that on the old rate. So they get a extra 10 units @ the new higher price.

Registered
Xceed 1.0 T-GDI 3 black 2021
Our fixed tariff ends on 30th March, s*** timing and didn鈥檛 re fix in January when prices were ok
拢125 a month just now, quoted today 拢475 a month on last yrs usage
Will take reading at end of month and go onto svr which is capped
Even if we shut off gas and leckie completely at meters they will still charge us a small fortune for the privilege of having a pipe or cable to our house and a meter as the daily standing charge has gone about 5 fold

Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
Our fixed tariff ends on 30th March, s*** timing and didn鈥檛 re fix in January when prices were ok
拢125 a month just now, quoted today 拢475 a month on last yrs usage
Will take reading at end of month and go onto svr which is capped
Even if we shut off gas and leckie completely at meters they will still charge us a small fortune for the privilege of having a pipe or cable to our house and a meter as the daily standing charge has gone about 5 fold
WOW! That is one heck of a price hike - 125 up to 475...!!

Registered
Yes no matter how frugal we are with consumption - the newly inflated standing charges are going to hurt :mad:

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So just got my last month bill.
E= 拢53.01. SC 拢6.19 (27 days) Usage 拢43.59
G= 拢62.26 SC 拢6.72 (27 Days) Usage 拢52.58

Your new prices from
1 April 2022

Electricity
Standing charge (per day) OLD 26.824p NEW 48.527p
Unit rate (per kWh) OLD 20.076p NEW 27.358p

Gas
Standing charge (per day) OLD 26.123p NEW 27.219p
Unit rate (per kWh) OLD 3.983p NEW 7.280p

Which they guess at a extra 拢632.06 a year... Which given last year was 拢1166.74 in total is shocking.

Can't cut our usage any lower. Mrs gives me grief now as cold affects her. Only hope is a long hot summer.

Registered
we have used 0.78p of electricity today...
No gas main in the village...
That'll pay off the solar panels in less than 10 years :)

Registered
2022 Xceed 3 1.5 petrol manual in phantom Black
I know energy prices are flying through the roof but I personally think the increase in the daily standing charge is certainly a rip-off. You can't avoid this by using less/no energy.

Gas up from 30.78p to 32.03p. 3.5p a unit increase.

Elec up from 28.69p to 49.10p 8p a unit increase.

So they are guaranteed a bigger income from the fixed charges even if everyone drastically reduce their useage.

And I doubt very much we'd see any decrease if the price of electricity/gas plummeted.

Registered
'05 Sorento xse auto
I'm really glad now that I opted for a 3 year fixed tariff a couple of months ago because our kwh charge went from 17p to 26p but that seems cheap now SC is 24p?

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Registered
Sportgage 1.6 t-gdi AWD DCT GT line
I know energy prices are flying through the roof but I personally think the increase in the daily standing charge is certainly a rip-off. You can't avoid this by using less/no energy.

Gas up from 30.78p to 32.03p. 3.5p a unit increase.

Elec up from 28.69p to 49.10p 8p a unit increase.

So they are guaranteed a bigger income from the fixed charges even if everyone drastically reduce their useage.

And I doubt very much we'd see any decrease if the price of electricity/gas plummeted.
Your standing charge rate for gas seems a bit out, they should be (excluding VAT)

Gas 27.22p

A lot of the increase in standing charge is to cover all the companies that went bust.

Registered

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Our MP is useless. Hed will be all in favour of these increases. As he is big on green issues. Despite just flying to New York for a recent conference on global warming 馃ぃ

Registered
I found I'd missed a couple of emails from our supplier, with similar bad news. We currently pay 拢125, although they claim it should have been 拢134. From April 1st, we have three options, 1) fixed for 12mths @ 拢345 p/mth, 2) variable at 拢175 p/mth, or 3) loyalty fixed for 12mths @ 拢330.
Time for research me thinks. And a meter reading.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts